Coordinator, Hope Lodge-Tampa-On CallApply Now Job ID 15007912096 Location Tampa, Florida Position Type Part-Time (20 hours)
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our lifesaving mission. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Assists the Hope Lodge team in operating a Hope Lodge, a free hospitality house for cancer patients undergoing active outpatient cancer treatment and their caregivers. Ensures all policies and procedures for both Hope Lodge operations and general American Cancer Society are followed. Ensures safe operation of a Hope Lodge operating 24/7/365. Implements constituent relationship management principles as standard business practice. Partners with area hospitals, clinics and health systems in maintaining guest referrals. Collaborates with ACS staff to ensure financial and volunteer support of the lodge.Limited PT Coordinator will be an on-call position. The individual will be offered shifts based on business needs that will typically entail working less than 20 hrs/week and will not be a benefits eligible position. The rate of pay for this position is $15.75 per hour.
- Maintains the safety and comfort of Hope Lodge guests, volunteers, and other visitors as a primary focus and ensures any issues or concerns are addressed immediately and within policy.
- Performs all guest interactions and processes including referrals, screening, check-in, orientation, stay, and check-out in strict adherence to Hope Lodge Operations policies.
- Ensures timely and accurate reporting including ensuring data is entered into applicable software and systems (HMS, Salesforce, Marketplace, Concur, ADP, etc.).
- Ensures timely completion of all required American Cancer Society trainings and compliance courses and attends all required staff meetings.
- Performs any and all necessary responsibilities in the absence of additional staff or volunteers, including guest transportation, and ensures Hope Lodge is staffed at all times 24/7/365; fulfilling this responsibility may require unplanned/unscheduled time at the Lodge.
- Assists in the recruitment, training, retention and utilization of volunteers in an appropriate manner to support Hope Lodge program delivery.
- Serves as a spokesperson for the Hope Lodge and actively promotes community relations and awareness of Hope Lodge activities including tours for civic, community and health care groups.
- Identifies development opportunities with Hope Lodge guests and community leaders that interact with Hope Lodge; assists with solicitation when appropriate.
- Reviews and updates patient information, current lodge status, and maintenance logs at the beginning and end of each shift.
- May provide rides for Hope Lodge guests to/from treatment centers and other destinations authorized by lodge management utilizing Hope Lodge vehicle in a safe, efficient and professional manner. Tracks all rides provided, miles driven, safety issues and vehicle maintenance needed or completed.
- Duties for a specific shift or lodge location may also include:
- Cleaning/sanitizing common areas and/or guest rooms;
- Working on laundry as assigned which may include washing, drying, folding, putting sheets and linens away and/or preparing rooms for incoming guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent required. Post-secondary education preferred.
- At least one-year experience in healthcare, social services, hospitality services, or volunteer management, or an equivalent combination of experience and education preferred.
Excellent communication, customer service, analytic, computer. consulting skills and conflict resolution. Ability to work independently and with minimum direction. Remains calm even under highly stressful situations.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
Knowledge of ACS mission, and complete understanding of Hope Loge operations and program purpose is required. Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to assess needs of various stakeholders and creatively influence courses of action within budgets and timelines. Experience in hospitality housing or similar residential management preferred. Current CPR and AED certification required (this may be achieved within 90 days of hire).SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds. Ability to move around to all areas of the lodge quickly and safely including proper cleanup and disposal of bodily fluid spills and infectious waste. Ability to travel by vehicle and/or airplane as necessary. A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required. Able to work occasional nights, weekends and unusual hours as may be needed to ensure 24/7/365 staffing.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.