At the American Cancer Society (ACS), we are as dedicated to our staff as we are to our mission. Part of that dedication includes providing our employees with competitive benefit options to promote good health, financial security, work life balance, and peace of mind. To that end, ACS and ACS CAN employees enjoy employment benefits that make this a truly great place to work.
Employees who regularly work 20 or more hours per week are eligible to participate in the ACS’ comprehensive benefits program beginning the first of the month following your date of hire. Employees are eligible for paid time off, holidays and the Healthy You wellbeing program.
Your Financial Security
ACS recognizes that a focus on financial wellness is key to maintaining a healthy and happy workforce.
Retirement Savings Plan
- 403(b)/401(k) plan with matching company contributions (6% match at 8% contribution)
- Automatically enrolls you in the 403(b)/401(k) plan approximately 45 days following your hire date.
- Allows pre-tax and Roth after-tax contributions while letting you increase, decrease, or stop contributions at any time.
- Your contributions are always 100% vested, and the Society’s contributions are vested after completing 3 years of service
Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Automatically enrolls you in basic life insurance coverage equal to one times your annual salary
- Offers voluntary employee supplemental life insurance, as well as spouse and child life insurance
- Provides basic and buy-up options for short-term and long-term disability coverage
Health savings account
- Helps save pre-tax dollars for use on health expenses now or in the future
Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Allows you to set aside pre-tax earnings for health care and dependent care expenses to be automatically deducted over the course of the year
- Allows you to set aside pre-tax earnings for parking and transit commuting expenses
- Offers personal loans, mortgage and student loans as well as refinance options and many other tools and products to help Get Your Money Right(R)
- $200+ welcome bonus to those who setup a loan or refinance through Sofi
- Offers free interactive tools, video lessons, and a team of experts to assist you in taking action and reaching your financial goals
- Employee discount portal offering a legal assistance plan, home, auto, and personal insurance discounts, identity theft protection, pet insurance, gym membership discounts, and much more.
Long Term Care
- Offers a long-term care policy to help prepare for potential future medical costs for employees or their dependents.
Resources and tools on a range of financial topics through vendor partners
Health and Welfare
Paid Time Off
ACS recognizes that time away from work promotes balance and increased productivity; therefore, we have a very generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Regular full-time and part-time ACS and ACS CAN staff earn several days Paid PTO based on years of service.
Regular full-time employees accrue PTO on the last day of each month as follows*
- With 0-2 years of service 20 days annually
- With 3-4 years of service 25 days annually
- With 5-9 years of service 27 days annually
- With 10-14 years of service 30 days annually
- With 15-19 years of service 32 days annually
- With 20 or more years of service 35 days annually
Sets aside ten paid company holidays each year, as well as two personal paid holidays.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Company Designated Day
Offers competitive medical options that provide preventive screenings at 100% coverage in-network through combination of standard PPO, HDHP and HMO options (in some regions).
Offers two dental options, a PPO and a DHMO that are designed to encourage preventative care, which is covered at 100%, as well as coverage for basic and advanced dental services.
Offers robust vision benefits that provide coverage for routine eye examinations as well as glasses or contact lenses.
Healthy Pregnancy Program
Offers an incentivized program through our nationwide medical carrier that helps mothers and their babies stay healthy during pregnancy and in the days and weeks following birth.
Group Critical Illness
Offers a group critical illness plan to help with the treatment costs of covered critical illnesses, such as cancer, heart attack, or stroke.
Group Accident Insurance
Offers a group accident insurance plan that provides cash benefits throughout the various stages of care, such as emergency treatment, hospital admission, intensive care unit and more.
Group Hospital Indemnity
Offers a group hospital indemnity plan that provides cash benefit when you are admitted to the hospital due to a covered accident and/or illness, including a maternity stay.
Healthy You Wellbeing Program
Encourages the wellbeing of our employees, through our Healthy You employee wellbeing program. We want our organization’s culture to have a profound and positive impact on your wellbeing.
- Offers incentives of up to $300 annually for healthy behaviors that can be earned through our wellness portal with online and telephonic coaching and activity tracking and team challenges opportunities
- Hosts monthly Healthy You webinars
Provides licensed healthcare professionals to help care for loved ones of any age to assist with understanding diagnoses, finding appropriate doctors and caregivers, filling out legal caregiving documents, planning related finances, and more
Livongo Whole Person
Offers a free-to-you health program that combines advanced technology, coaching, and support for diabetes, weight and mental health to help people live happier, healthier lives.
Provides an online and telephonic program that gives support to parents and caregivers raising children with learning or behavioral challenges. Includes 6 hours of free telephonic coaching with a board-certified professional.
Employee Assistance Program
Provides all employees with a full range of services including monthly trainings, resources and confidential counseling to help deal with personal challenges. This coverage is for employees and anyone living in their home and provides up to 8 counseling sessions per year per issue.