Sr Manager, State Health SystemsApply Now Job ID 10079996 Location Raleigh, North Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Leads a team responsible for overseeing the relationship management of priority, state-based agencies, systems and institutions, such as state and county Departments of Health, Medicare/Medicaid, State employee health plans, commercial health plans or insurance companies, Quality Improvement Organizations, state comprehensive cancer plans, Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection programs, state based roundtables, state coalitions and other key systems for the Region. Leads the achievement of mission and income goals through account identification and development, promoting the adoption and implementation of ACS programs, and delivering on evidence-based strategies designed to have broad population impact on reducing cancer incidence and decreasing mortality rates. Ensures goal achievement through the effective leadership and management of diverse staff, and the engagement and mobilization of volunteers.
• Identifies prioritized state health systems engagement on prevention, early detection, screening, and quality of life initiatives, employee health & wellness programs, and population health-related efforts to achieve cancer control priorities.
• Works within the Region to achieve high engagement levels for state based health systems, delivering against mission and income strategies by ensuring staff meet/exceed ACS customer promises and function as strategic advisors.
• Establishes strategy for state health system partners, prioritizes accounts, establishes ownership, and ensures the development of an account plan to achieve ACS goals.
• Responsible for the implementation of an account team strategy for managing prioritized system relationships across the region and serve as priority relationship manager to assigned accounts.
• Aligns state health system affinities and needs with ACS program of work to achieve individual high impact mission and income opportunities which support enterprise goals.
• Ensures evidence based strategies are used as solutions.
• Manages, coaches, develops, and trains state health system managers to meet Region and enterprise mission and income goals; ensures that responsibilities and accountabilities of all direct reports are well-defined.
• Develops appropriate volunteer engagement and support to advance cancer control priorities.
• Strategically coordinates with other Cancer Control staff and their accounts for the integration of work in the medical neighborhood.
• Collaborates with Community Development, Distinguished Partners, and ACS CAN staff to maximize health system engagement in ACS activities, events, and fundraising efforts within the market.
• Collaborates with Cancer Control, Community Development, and Distinguished Partners, Communications & Marketing, Business Planning & Operations and ACS CAN leaders to increase the Society’s community presence and mission impact.
• Assure compliance with all governmental regulations and organizational policies which involve personal health information and constituent privacy, e.g., HIPAA.
• Supports the Senior Director, State Health System to ensure mission, top line, and bottom line goals are reached as well as compliance with enterprise policies.
Bachelor’s degree in public health, health administration, healthcare, nonprofit management or equivalent required; graduate or doctorate degree a plus. Preferred minimum of six years of experience in health care related management, administration, sales or account management.
Demonstrates Health Systems Competencies:
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Balances stakeholders - Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Builds networks - Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Plans and aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
• Able to cultivate relationships with targeted health systems to create a sense of urgency related to awareness of cancer as a major health problem, motivate to action in prevention and early detection, and influence strategies and techniques.
• Ability to represent the Society effectively and professionally to state-based health systems, community leaders, including working with disparate populations and diverse constituents.
• Demonstrated success managing a team of diverse relationship/account managers with mission, fundraising, and health industry experience.
• Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure.
• Strong experience with community-based program planning and implementation.
• Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
• Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Ability to manage and motivate groups and individuals.
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to collaborate within staff account teams to develop appropriate plans for constituents.
• Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
• Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
• Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
• Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
• Proficient in computer-based information systems.
• Strong strategic planning skills.
• Extensive knowledge of state health care and insurance structures, Medicaid and Medicare practices and policies.
• Knowledge of program development, outcome-based interventions, educational processes and evaluations.
• Strong knowledge of health status data statistics and analysis, chronic disease tracking, and reading and interpreting cancer statistics.
• Maintains general knowledge of science and evidenced based best practices through monitoring current research and practices, attending trainings, and participating in enterprise and regional meetings.
• Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.