Systems Support Engineer - Mobile Product - RemoteApply Now Job ID 28744216160 Location Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Position Type Full-time
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
This position is a remote role, open anywhere throughout the United States.
Assumes a Technical Application Support role in the support and maintenance of off-the-shelf and custom written applications. This includes implementation of application changes into production, application monitoring, troubleshooting, software upgrades, and resolution of complex production application issues. Acts as an expert technical resource to internal IT groups and provides feedback and recommendations to management relative to the optimization of the environments and automation of repeatable tasks. The Systems Support Engineer is constantly monitoring assigned systems to be proactive in avoiding issues and outages. Primary support responsibilities will include mobile applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works directly with users to resolve complex technical issues while at same time providing excellent customer service.
- Plays a role in the creation of new technical test and production environments, establishing appropriate standards and strategies for these environments.
- Assists in release planning. Works with the development team to ensure that any new release takes place with minimal impact.
- Uses a variety of tools and techniques to isolate, diagnose, and resolve application issues.
- Collects, summarizes, and clearly articulates information on software-related issues to the development teams.
- Implements, manages, and actively utilizes pro-active monitoring of application servers by monitoring the logs and statistical reporting and updating the server software as appropriate to ensure better availability and performance.
- Ensures adequate backup and disaster recovery exists. On a periodic basis tests backup restores to ensure backups are working as designed and are not corrupt.
- Administers and monitors software integrations as required.
- Interacts with the Service Desk, Network Operations Center, Cloud and Compute Services, and other staff to provide second and third level support for enterprise-wide applications as well as other applications within the enterprise.
- Documents applications, systems, processes, and procedures. Updates runbooks as part of each implementation to any environment. Reviews runbooks quarterly for any missed changes or other needed updates.
- Performs regular data security reviews.
- Conducts quarterly user security reviews.
- Performs application and system Disaster Recovery planning and exercises for Business Continuity.
- Automates standard procedures where possible.
- Application expert and liaison with application vendors.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience, with 3 to 5+ years’ mobile application support experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting digital platforms including website support, financial application support, and other enterprise applications required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting complete packaged software project implementations required
- Experience with SQL Server or Oracle required.
- Experience establishing and tuning environments required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and demonstrated understanding of technical architectures, including RDBMS, client-server, thin client architecture, and call centers required
- Experience supporting applications residing in Azure Cloud or AWS preferred.
- Experience supporting both Windows and Linux-based environments preferred.
- Experience with application upgrades.
- Experience troubleshooting and/or developing applications built on common frameworks.
- Knowledge of the SDLC process.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong technical skills with the ability to coordinate, manage, and ensure the success of product deployments
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to take large complex issues and break them down into solvable components
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE
- MS SQL, Oracle SQL, Oracle Client Server, Oracle PL/SQL, MS Access, or other monitoring tools
- Experience with Active Directory and Windows security.
- Technical Architecture: RDBMS System Implementation and Planning
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.