Senior Annual Giving ManagerApply Now Job ID 10798325 Location Houston, Texas Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Develop and lead a comprehensive annual appeal program, focus on upgrading existing donors, and increasing average gift amounts to build the base of donors in the region with the eventual goal of retaining an ever increasing number of regular supporters and building a broader and more generous Major Gifts pipeline. This role will manage the overall function of this program while working collaboratively with departments across the region as well as the Major Gifts Directors across the region to retain donors from all income generating areas and build the Major Gifts pipeline.
• Responsible for planning and implementing monthly mail appeals, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal across the region.
• Manage upgrades from Direct Mail and convert to major donors across the region through personalized solicitations
• Work closely and collaboratively with the GHQ direct mail team to ensure donor experience is protected
• Coordinate with national direct mail program to optimize giving
• Identify and refer potential Major Giving donors to Region Major Gift Directors through prospect research and analyzing donor database
• Work closely with regional Major Gift Directors and other staff to develop fundraising strategies and build Major Giving pipeline across the region
• Work closely with Community Development and Distinguished Event staff to retain donors from other revenue streams and to convert event attendees to annual donors
• Convert episodic donors across the region to regular donors
• Be a lead member in analyzing database of donors and friends across the region and converting to annual supporters
• Develop a system to manage and track donor upgrades across the region
• Serve as an active prospect identifier, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level. Make creative connections between and among people, events, programs, and their associated circles.
• Develop and maintain efficient systems for data cleansing, data entry, prospect research
• Oversee budgets, progress, deadlines, goals and objectives related to annual giving
Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience working on a Major Gifts team.
Experience doing in depth prospect research for potential 5 and 6 figure gifts
Demonstrates Major Gifts Competencies:
• Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Interpersonal savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Builds networks - Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Persuades - Uses compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
• Being resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, as is computer proficiency.
• Strong working knowledge of the major gifts area; sales management and campaign experience is highly desirables
• Ability to establish collegial, effective working relationships and partner with staff and volunteers.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.