Special Project AmbassadorApply Now Job ID 13047573 Location East Lansing, Michigan Position Type Full-Time
Our Special Project Ambassador role is a contract position with American Cancer Society.
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
This project-based role communicates with American Cancer Society donors over the phone and asks them to support our mission by renewing a donation while also providing the highest level of customer care and stewardship.
• Effectively communicate through fundraising calls.
• Effectively persuade donors to renew their financial support to the American Cancer Society.
• Successfully provide excellent customer service by remaining professional, providing requested information, and by being appreciative and/or empathetic during the phone call.
• Transfer constituents with cancer related questions to the ACS Cancer Helpline.
• Achieve and maintain established NDSTC quality and productivity standards.
• Maintain excellent attendance and schedule adherence.
• Reading, writing, and entry level computer skills normally acquired through a high school education or previous work experience.
• Ability to communicate the American Cancer Society’s mission over the phone in a compelling manner.
• Possesses excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able resolve/defuse ACS Constituent concerns.
• Possess excellent active listening skills.
• Receptive and responsive to continuous feedback.
• Actively listen, provide appropriate responses.
• Be conversational and able to build rapport quickly while being enthusiastic and excited about supporting the ACS mission.
• Ability to convey empathy.
• Team player.
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to quickly adapt to change.
• Ability to use multiple software applications simultaneously.
• The ability to be self-motivated and work in a team.
• Able to remain focused in a fast pace, multi-faceted environment.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Call center experience preferred.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.