Strategic Director, Regional Marketing PlanningApply Now Job ID 4280766
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The Strategic Director, Regional Marketing Planning, serves as a member of the marketing strategy and planning team, with primary responsibility for strategic development of regional integrated marking strategies and tactics to support enterprise integrated marketing plans. This person will work directly with regional leaders, marketing leadership and SMEs to drive organizational alignment around the masterbrand strategy and execution of regional marketing components to support the enterprise marketing plans for each ACS business area. This individual will serve as a critical thought partner and internal consultant to the six VPs of Regional Communications and Marketing to lead the execution of smart and fully accountable plans in a nimble and efficient manner. This role is responsible for ensuring that all enterprise marketing strategies and tactics are optimally integrated vertically across the organization.
• Provides strategic direction working collaboratively with enterprise and regional leadership to develop integrated marketing plans and execute those plans through all ACS communications channels.
• Serves as the liaison between enterprise leadership, regional leadership and strategic marketing leading enterprise marketing strategy planning and local market activation. Accountable for regional integration and execution of all enterprise wide marketing plans and implementation of unique regional initiatives.
• Serves as a trusted marketing partner driving key business conversations and marketing decisions.
• Leads effective deployment of strategies, campaigns, and tactics to critical audiences and internal and external stakeholders.
• Assists in the achievement of enterprise objectives by recommending the most compelling combination of regional marketing activations to support business strategies.
• Possesses a strong digital marketing background and understanding of when and how to leverage these channels for best outcomes.
• Collaboratively leads strategic annual program planning with regional marketing colleagues to ensure regional plans are in alignment with enterprise strategic priorities.
• Ensures all materials across multiple marketing channels and formats (including printed collateral and digital assets) represent ACS brand positioning and messaging appropriately.
• Ensures evaluation systems and key metric tracking approaches are in place to monitor marketing plan performance and report progress to enterprise and regional leadership.
• Fosters effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Facilitates and manages project work teams as needed and represents the strategic marketing department on inter-disciplinary projects and cross-functional work groups.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred. 8+ years related work experience.
• Strong leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to quickly understand and assess business challenges and offer solid expertise in identifying new marketing opportunities and providing targeted marketing support.
• Deep experience in integrated marketing planning with emphasis on digital strategy.
• Highly developed writing and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to deliver strategies and tactics on time and on budget.
• Past experience and proven ability to lead collaboratively without direct reporting relationships.
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter. High initiative and follow-through. Ability to think strategically and work in an extremely high-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Extensive strategic thinking, project management and client services skills are a must. Agency experience or experience in a corporate marketing role requiring divisional or regional direction/coordination preferred.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Some travel may be required on as-needed basis.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.