Sr Specialist, Digital CommunicationsApply Now Job ID 3887489
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
This position will lead the strategic planning and implementation of email marketing strategies for the American Cancer Society’s event programs to create and optimize coordinated multi-channel fundraising programs to enhance the customer’s experience.
The Sr. Specialist of Digital Communications is responsible for email production and execution, testing, proofreading, and deployment of email campaigns. They are accountable for the successful and timely deployment of a high volume of emails for a variety of programs and fundraising events. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and a combination of technical ability, email marketing experience, and collaboration skills.
• Partner with cross-functional teams on the strategic planning and execution of email communication plan for flagship programs. Develop communication plan and calendar that effectively recruits, engages, and inspires event participants to achieve maximum fundraising success.
• Integrate with other marketing channels and campaigns to deliver a cohesive experience to American Cancer Society event constituents. Work with digital strategy leads and local event staff to schedule emails to most effectively reach our audience while coordinating with other organizational email and marketing plans.
• Perform day-to-day email marketing activities including the management of centralized email campaigns, email set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of simple to highly complex email campaigns. Develop creative, compelling, and effective emails with tailored content, personal and relevant messaging to optimize results.
• Serve as in-house expert on email platform(s) and performance; provide training as needed for staff. Stay abreast of developments in email and fundraising best practices to help improve our existing programs. Understand and adhere to US, EU and global privacy laws like CAN-SPAM.
• Track campaign effectiveness through basic email reporting and analysis, and create an ongoing data-driven approach for continuous improvement to peer-to-peer email communication strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Working knowledge of HTML
• 2-3 years of email marketing or digital marketing preferred
• Experience with nonprofit or peer-to-peer fundraising desired
• Strong project management skills with the ability to understand business needs, provide viable and innovative solutions to problems, set clear expectations and effectively work with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Self-starter, with strong sense of ownership, assertive follow-through and results orientated.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated verbal and written communications.
• “Customer service” attitude to build and maintain cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment. Represents the organization in a professional manner and delivers effective presentations.
• Detail oriented with the ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines, to prioritize assignments as necessary, and to work effectively under pressure.
• Understanding of nonprofit business strategies, digital marketing, and peer-to-peer fundraising tactics.
• Demonstrated success in launching successful email campaigns.
• Experience with email push platforms preferred
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends and some overnights.
• Attends work on a consistent, continual and punctual basis.
• Requires travel by air or car on occasion.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.