Senior Executive Assistant - BrightEdge and Office of CFOApply Now Job ID 10864145 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
The American Cancer Society is expanding our mission by launching the BrightEdge (BE) Philanthropic Impact Fund. BE will be fighting cancer by investing in companies that are bringing advanced therapies and technologies to the market. By working to accelerate provider adoption, BE will help patients access these products and services at scale. We are seeking a Sr. Executive Assistance to join our team and our mission. The ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years of executive assistance experience in a complex and dynamic work environment, with a broad range of skills.
The ideal candidate will provide advanced, diverse, confidential, and specific executive level administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer as well as the Managing Director and Director of Operations of the BrightEdge Impact Fund. This person coordinates activities and develops strong working relationships with other departments, team leads, divisions, volunteers, and board members to ensure the office runs efficiently. They will also serve as a liaison with others inside and outside the organization on administrative and investor relations matters. Responsibilities include but are not limited to investor relations records management, T&E management, meeting management, general document preparation, calendar management, general correspondence and reporting, and special projects. Additionally, this role will handle confidential and time sensitive correspondence and communications with high net worth impact donors as well as syndicate investor partners.
• Must be located in Atlanta, GA
• Supports venture back office software administration and maintains office records by scanning, filing, and managing electronic and hard copy files, adhering to Records Management policies and procedures.
• Supports the BrightEdge marketing agency relationship as required and maintains portfolio of BrightEdge collateral under direction of the Director of Operations; frequently updates PowerPoint and Word documents as required.
• Supports BrightEdge website management under direction of Director of Operations, ensuring content is updated frequently.
• Supports third party back office administrator as needed to ensure all record keeping, internal reporting, and reporting to donor-investors is accurate and timely.
• Serves as professional face and voice of BrightEdge Ventures daily through written and spoken communications to high net worth individuals, family offices, corporate foundations, and investment syndicate partners
• Supports the BrightEdge Managing Director in planning and executing all investment committee meetings as well as preparation for all ACS, Inc. Board of Directors meetings.; communicates with investment committee members as needed.
• Oversees special projects as assigned and participates on project teams as needed.
• Provides travel management support through Concur (including serving as “travel arranger” for internal and external constituents – a.k.a. “Guest Traveler”) workings with Corporate Center Travel when required. Research optimal travel options, prepares travel documents, itineraries, and driving directions for ground travel. Resolves travel and expense issues, and champions nationwide meeting and travel policies and procedures.
• Provides T&E management by validating and submitting T&E in Concur, coding Pcard transactions in a timely manner, and troubleshooting transactions, coding, submissions, and/or payment issues. Ensures adherence to Travel and Expense and PCard policies procedures as content expert. Manages and approves expense reporting for the Executive’s direct reports.
• Ensures department e-time submissions are completed, reviewed and approved by the deadline ensuring adherence to eTime policy and procedures. Liaisons with Corporate Center Payroll team as needed to resolve any issues.
• Oversees mail management, thank you messages, follow up letters and other correspondence in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Oversees email management by monitoring leadership email and responds, follows-up, or delegates as directed or appropriate.
• Coordinates internal and external related meetings by ensuring all resources are prepared for meetings (venue/room, AV, presenters, materials, catering, WebEx, conference call, etc.). Captures and distributes meeting minutes. Serves as point of contact pre-meeting and onsite the day of meeting. Works with Corporate Center Travel department as needed.
• Manages long and short-term calendars’ scheduling meetings, conferences, & teleconferences and coordinating schedules with meeting participants with the ability to represent the Executive to a wide variety of high profile external contacts.
• Prepares the CFO and BrightEdge team for meetings and speaking engagements, conducts general research as needed, maintains and provides executive bio/headshot, profile and CV. Prepares content and develops documents for use by executive at various engagements, Board meetings and other internal/external meetings. Acts as liaison for leadership with other ACS departments, including Executive Leadership and external constituents.
• Ensures the CFO and BrightEdge executive team receive standard reports. Pulls and reviews reports as needed and follows up on data quality or content concerns; compiles and summarizes data to meet specific needs.
• Coordinates office supply management with staff AA’s. Monitors and maintains inventory and will replenish as needed through SocietyMart. Maintains accurate receipt of orders and billing.
• Coordinate the receipt and distribution of letters, bulk packages, and correspondence.
• Provide Talent Strategy support assisting the onboarding of new employees, set-up of new equipment and collection of assets when employee leaves. Provide orientation tour as Welcome Ambassador.
• Provide general office operations support in partnership with Facilities. Manage storage closet and cabinet space and furniture. Process invoices for office related expenses. POC for meetings and trainings being held at that office location (beverages, food, preparing room, and gathering supplies.
• Maintains office e-mail groupings and office information including the office profile in the Cancer Resource Connection.
• Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and work experience.
• 5+ years progressive experience supporting an executive, venture capital or startup experience preferred.
Demonstrates Professional Support Services Competencies:
• Communicates effectively in professional manner - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different and occasionally very demanding audiences.
• Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Interpersonal savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Organizational savvy - Maneuvers comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
• Resourcefulness - Secures and deploys resources effectively and efficiently.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations in a very fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft software products including PowerPoint, Word, Excel
• Database skills are preferred and/or demonstrated ability to learn new software platforms, including
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of organizational structure and the transformation initiative.
• Ability to make administrative decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
• Able to cultivate relationships in a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
• Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management, and meeting coordination.
• Limited travel, including evening and weekend work required.
• Ability to lift 30lbs.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.