Senior Director, Enterprise Development ServicesApply Now Job ID 9996952 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The Senior Director, Enterprise Development Services is responsible for implementing strategic applications for the American Cancer Society, whether they be integrations between various systems, or standalone applications utilizing a web/mobile and cloud first methodology. This senior leader will champion Application Development group through an in-depth understanding of the key business drivers and the associated architecture by proactively providing ideas and solutions to enhance performance through better use of existing technology and reusable common services developed by this group. This position is responsible for all development teams related to integration, web and mobile technologies that are attached to strategic systems, such as our financial modules and our main constituent management system, and will coordinate development and product enhancement efforts across the enterprise portfolio.
This leadership role will collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture (EA) group, and participate in a leadership capacity to the Cloud Computing Team to develop and prove architecture principles aligned with streamlining deliverables for the enterprise. This role also provides technical solutions and direction across all business services provided by the Application Development group and ensures that the American Cancer Society’s architecture and solutions are holistic and efficient; strategically grounded and maintain the highest standards of innovation, creativity, and execution excellence.
Partners with and encourages collaboration among all domain business leaders across ACS and with external technology business solution vendors. Collaborates with other Corporate IT leaders in the planning, integration and implementation of solutions, both internal and external. Partners with other IT and business leaders across the Society to determine technology strategies that align with business priorities and goals.
Operates under minimal supervision with significant latitude for independent judgment and decision making.
• Assist IT executive leadership in evaluation and development of out-of-the-box and custom solutions (where necessary) to address the business needs. Implement and maintain best practice standards and guidelines in the areas of custom and out-of-the-box software development, integration, and deployment of solutions.
• Participates in a leadership capacity within the Enterprise Architecture function as well as the Cloud Compute Team to develop and maintain standards for stand-alone and integration development using best practices with an enterprise vision wherever possible.
• Provides ongoing as well as strategic leadership to multiple development teams to grow and maintain our mobile presence, our constituent facing web presence, and integration services across the entire enterprise.
• Partners with the business to provide and maintain a solid technical roadmap for multiple products that matches strategic business goals. Works with the business on a constant basis to ensure roadmap maintains synchronization to changing business goals, and directs resources toward execution of that roadmap.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure, Client, Security and Architecture groups for the implementation of common services to ensure smooth transition of technology based business solutions from development into production and operations support.
• Supervise and direct vendor/staff augmentation resources on large enterprise projects.
• Support efforts to negotiate and maintain ongoing technology vendor relationships on enterprise products where some/all of the service/product is provided by third party.
• Approve, oversee and facilitate major product implementations
• Maintain support group relationships and ensure effective support transition for all major products
• Lead efforts to reduce technological footprint of software/hardware solutions and facilitate Cloud adoption strategy
• Establish and maintain intermediate lead framework in all areas of enterprise development (responsibility for growing new competent leads)
• Support / maintain/grow financial products and income development products for Office of Chief Financial Officer.
• Support/maintain/grow volunteer facing mission products deployed by society
• Support/maintain/grow online fundraising products deployed by the society
• Work with business leads to expand ACS Mobile program both in areas of Revenue and Mission, as opportunities preset.
• Maintains development standards across the application development teams, and ensures each team is up to date with latest best practices around latest technologies, security models, and architectural patterns.
• Provides status reports and presentations to IT and business leadership staff.
• Undertakes specialized projects, studies, and assignments as requested by the CIO or VP, Enterprise Systems.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field.
• 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 8 years of progressive leadership experience in developing custom frameworks/solutions and reusable services and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
• Requires advanced technical in custom and package software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related disciplines/processes.
• At least 5 years of experience with evaluating the right solutions (custom Visual Studio package) and experience with extending package solutions to meet business needs.
• At least 5 years of experience with one or more custom application development frameworks such as .NET with successful delivery leveraging multiple development methodologies
• 5-10 years of experience with design and development of Object Oriented and Service Oriented solutions
Demonstrates Information Technology Competencies:
• Business insight - Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
• Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Optimizes work processes - Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Outstanding internal and external relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate, lead, negotiate, and mentor.
• Furnish top level advice and consultation concerning business technology solutions.
• Ability to mentor and guide a team of developers and ability to get into details as needed.
• Ability to effectively hire, organize, direct, evaluate and retain a professional staff in the development, implementation and operation of business technology solutions.
• Analyze alternatives and implement systems which are responsive to client requirements.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; make decisions and draw conclusions.
• Knowledge of all aspects of Information Systems. Balanced understanding of design, strategy, usability, interaction and visual concepts across web, mobile, and social platforms.
• Strong proactive communicator who has been instrumental in leading successful new business technology initiatives.
• Ability to oversee multiple technology initiatives and projects that will leverage common services developed by this group
• Proven success with primary solutions development responsibilities for mission critical project(s)
• Demonstrated ability to work and provide guidance across departments and divisions in both a team and matrixed environment.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• Strong background in application analysis, development, and testing skills.
• High-level understanding of contemporary hardware and software architectures.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Self-motivated and able to organize work for others.
• Able to work quickly with attention to detail including high-pressure situations.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Travel required.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.