Public Relations ManagerApply Now Job ID 8381900
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Serves as a member of the Global Headquarters External Communications team, with primary responsibility for supporting ACS corporate alliances, handling communications activities in support of business unit or department priorities. Assists VP/directors in developing and
implementing the tactical components and deliverables necessary to successfully fulfill
communication plans and strategies. Responsible for the creation of written plans, correspondence with business units or partners, messaging, press materials or content for organizational communications or social media.
• Assist in identifying communications channels, materials, and other deliverables necessary to accomplish strategic goals.
• Manage the development and approvals of communications materials and the implementation of all communications tactics associated with various programs and projects. Identify resources needed and secure feedback and approval from clients as needed throughout the development process.
• Manage projects independently, and work collaboratively with other staff members across the organization, with the ability to gather information and support from a variety of teams and communications disciplines within Corporate Communications.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of communications projects and scope.
• Ensure project documents are complete, current, and made available to staff nationwide appropriately.
• Work collaboratively with outside agency partners when necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or communications-related field
• Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in communications (such as public relations, media relations, promotions, etc.)
• Experience in marketing communications to promote consumer/B2B brands, products or services is required; media relations proficiency is preferred.
• Experience in an agency environment is desired.
Demonstrates Corporate Communication Competencies:
• Manages complexity - Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Instills trust - Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
• Must have demonstrated project management and communications skills and be a highly motivated self-starter able to work in an extremely fast-paced team environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
• Must be a clear, proactive communicator and collaborator.
• Strong writing and grammatical skills are necessary.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Position based in Atlanta headquarters.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• Some travel may be required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.