Financial Reporting AnalystApply Now Job ID 10844221 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The Financial Reporting Analyst will assist in coordinating the timely completion of external audits related to the American Cancer Society and its affiliates (“The Society”) and its Retirement Plans. This position will prepare all federal, state and other mandated compliance filings including, but not limited to, tax returns and statutory filings. This position will assist in the preparation of the annual and interim financial reporting packages including MD&A and other ad hoc analysis. This position will be responsible for conducting technical accounting and tax research, preparing white paper memos, serving as a technical and general accounting resource and ensuring consistent accounting and reporting across the Society.
• Responsible for technical research and resolution of accounting matters for the Society as needed including documentation of conclusion.
• Responsible for the preparation and coordination of deliverables associated with client assistance requests from external auditors.
• Responsible for timely and accurate completion of interim and year-end financial reporting packages including the MD&A, variance analysis, & disclosures.
• Responsible for the preparation and coordination of deliverables associated with annual and interim federal, state and local tax filings
• Assist the preparation and filing of statutory compliance reports including but no limited to CGA and debt compliance.
• Responsible for the timely completion of the financial statements, Form 5500, and year-end audits for the Society’s Retirement Plans
• Responsible for the preparation and coordination of Form 990 and the supporting schedules for the Society.
• Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required;
• 4+ years of accounting and/or finance experience.
• 2+ years public accounting preferred.
• Not-for-profit accounting and/or auditing experience preferred.
• CPA preferred;
Demonstrates Finance Competencies:
Customer focus,Decision quality, Action oriented, Optimizes work processes, Ensures accountability, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Instills trust.
• Acute attention to detail, with advanced analytical and organization skills.
• Proficient in various computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Lawson knowledge desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in researching, concluding and documenting technical accounting and audit matters.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Knowledge and understanding of ACS organization structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
• Strong time management skill with ability to effectively meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned projects, roles and responsibilities
• Experience preparing and assisting with the preparation of the Management's Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) section of financial reporting packages.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
No or very limited physical effort required.
No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.