Director, Philanthropy - Northern New England - RemoteApply Now Job ID 46690551424 Location Syracuse, New York; Burlington, Vermont; Brattleboro, Vermont; Albany, New York; Concord, New Hampshire Position Type Full-time
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
***This is a remote position that can be home based in the Northern New York, Vermont, New Hampshire area. ***
Responsible for development and management of a major gifts portfolio within assigned territory developed through the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of effective relationships with volunteers, board members, corporate leaders, foundations, current and prospective donors. Through effective portfolio management, qualifies and secures funding from donors capable of giving $10k+ and assure donor retention upgrade strategies are successfully executed.
- Build relationships with volunteers, board members, corporate representatives, foundations and current and prospective donors toward qualifying and building a caseload of donors
- Manage a portfolio of 125 -- 150 donors. Create and execute a moves management plan for each qualified donor in portfolio
- Work with the market leadership, program, and communications team to secure appropriate project information, including budgets and program content, to create proposals and execute solicitations
- Create and submit monthly reports as required to management that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance.
- Secure a minimum of $750,000 - 1,300,000+ in major gifts in first year.
- Hold a minimum of 220 face-to-face visits with major gift prospects.
- Submit a minimum of 24 individuals, corporate and foundation proposals in a balanced portfolio department fundraising goal.
- Supporting the effective development of campaign packaging, pricing, and lead gifts for field staff proposals.
- Coordinate the stewardship of $10k+ donors who make a gift to ACS; and execute in partnership with stewardship advisor.
- Supporting nationwide solicitation of corporate and foundation prospect
- Collaborates with Community Development, Cancer Control, Business Planning - Operations, Communications/Marketing and ACS CAN leads to ensure coordinated and interdependent achievement of regional goals.
- Maintains a productive and collaborative relationships with the Society's global headquarters departments and other regions; participates on regional and enterprise projects and committees as appropriate.
Bachelor's degree and a 5+ year proven track record of securing $100,000+ gifts or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, as is computer proficiency.
- Successful track record of securing 6, 7, and 8 figure gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Strong working knowledge of the major gifts area; sales management and campaign experience is highly desirables.
- Established ability to build and cultivate relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Ability to establish collegial, effective working relationships and partner with staff and volunteers.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Ability to drive lead generation for individual and corporate major giving opportunities.
- The ability to be an ambassador for the American Cancer Society.
- Ability to understand work within a complex organizational structure.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE
Experience with planned giving software is preferred.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Some travel will be required.The starting rate is $88000-$100000 annual. The final candidate's relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.
Sign up for job alerts
Stay up-to-date about the latest career opportunities at American Cancer Society!