Health Systems Manager, HospitalsApply Now Job ID 12879105 Location St Louis, Missouri Position Type Full-Time
Position DescriptionSave lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Leads the achievement of mission and income goals through comprehensive relationship management with a portfolio of prioritized health system accounts. These accounts include, but are not limited to, NCI designated cancer centers, CoC accredited systems, VA facilities, integrated delivery networks, and large oncology practices. Provides cancer control consultation and implements evidence based strategies and ACS cancer control programs designed to have broad population impact on reducing cancer incidence and decreasing mortality rates. Ensures goal achievement through the effective engagement of health system partners and ACS volunteers.
• Manages prioritized health systems engagement on prevention, early detection, screening, and quality of life initiatives, employee health & wellness programs, and population health-related efforts to achieve cancer control priorities.
• Works within and across Regions to achieve high engagement levels for health systems, delivering against mission and income strategies by meeting/exceeding ACS customer promises and functioning as a strategic advisor.
• Delivers on established strategy for health system partners and develops an account plan to achieve ACS goals.
• Responsible for the implementation of an account team strategy for managing prioritized system relationships within assigned portfolio and serve as primary relationship manager to assigned accounts.
• Aligns health systems affinities and needs with ACS program of work to achieve individual high impact mission and income opportunities which support enterprise goals.
• Ensures evidence based strategies are used as solutions and monitors the implementation status and results.
• Coordinates with Mission Delivery staff partner to deliver high quality customer service to health systems and their patients.
• Strategically coordinates with other Health Systems staff and their accounts for the integration of work in the medical neighborhood.
• Collaborates with Community Development, Distinguished Partners, and ACS CAN staff to maximize health system engagement in ACS activities, events, and fundraising efforts within the market.
• Assures compliance with all governmental regulations and organizational policies which involve personal health information and constituent privacy, e.g., HIPAA.
• Supports the Senior Manager, Hospital Systems to ensure mission, top line, and bottom line goals are reached as well as compliance with enterprise policies.
Position RequirementsBachelor’s degree in public health, health administration, healthcare, nonprofit management or equivalent preferred; graduate or doctorate degree a plus. Preferred minimum of three years of experience in health care related sales or account management, with a proven background in fundraising and executive relationship development, preferably with a multi-million dollar organization.
Demonstrates Health Systems Competencies: Action oriented, Balances stakeholders, Builds networks, Collaborates, Ensures accountability, Plans and aligns, Situational adaptability, Strategic mindset.
• Able to cultivate relationships with targeted health systems to create a sense of urgency related to awareness of cancer as a major health problem, motivate to action in prevention and early detection, and influence strategies and techniques.
• Ability to represent the Society effectively and professionally to hospital health systems, related institutions, community leaders, including working with disparate populations and diverse constituents.
• Knowledge of health insurance and coverage issues, advocacy, and government policy.
• Able to quickly become a generalist in health and medical content.
• Knowledge of primary care infrastructure and able to work with physicians, key administrative staff, nurses and managed care professionals.
• Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure.
• Strong experience with community-based program planning and implementation.
• Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
• Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Able to manage and motivate diverse groups and individuals, and work successfully as a leader in a team environment.
• Proven ability to collaborate within staff account teams in order to develop appropriate plans for hospital constituents.
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
• Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
• Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
• Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
• Proficient in computer-based information systems.
• Strong strategic planning skills.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• General understanding of public, community, and academic healthcare systems and data needs.
• Knowledge of health care markets, managed care organizations, and hospital care systems including policies and administration.
• Strong knowledge of health status data statistics and analysis, chronic disease tracking, and reading and interpreting cancer statistics.
• Maintains general knowledge of science and evidenced based best practices through monitoring current research and practices, attending trainings, and participating in enterprise and regional meetings.
Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.