Hope Lodge Part Time ManagerApply Now Job ID 11301504 Location San Juan Position Type Part-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Ensure the safety and well-being of residents by providing Hope Lodge facility supervision during evening and night time hours
• In cooperation with the Hope Lodge Director, coordinate patient support groups and other resident activities.
• Recruit and train volunteers.
• Maintain awareness of all Hope Lodge residents and visitors.
• Actively promote the Hope Lodge and its services by conducting tours for potential residents/volunteers and other interested parties.
• Ensure the building is secure before setting night alarm.
• Respond to all emergencies in accordance with crisis management procedures.
• Patrol all floors noting any cigarette smells, discrepancies, or possible maintenance issues.
• Open/unlock lodge each morning.
• Create reports (monthly, quarterly, and annual resident activity reports).
• Maintain updated inventory of televisions and audiovisual equipment.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 1-3 year experience in residential facility or building management or an equivalent combination.
Demonstrates Health Systems Competencies:
• Action oriented
• Balances stakeholders
• Builds networks
• Ensures accountability
• Plans and aligns
• Situational adaptability
• Strategic mindset
• Must enjoy working with people and possess excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
• Basic Microsoft Office skills and the ability to learn registration databas
Interface with both internal and external constituents and attend assigned face to face meetings
• Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.