Account Manager, Corporate RelationsApply Now Job ID 10798328 Location San Jose, California Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
This position will be based in Campbell office.
Executes against a region-based strategy for corporate account management, including the pursuit of new opportunities, manages and cultivates relationships, region implementation of corporate initiatives and driving account engagement to achieve ACS mission priorities and significant income targets.
Responsible for collaborating with Distinguished Partners staff to increase market penetration, and engagement of CEOs and their corporations.
Ensures engagement and mobilization of diverse constituents, staff and volunteers in a prioritized and coordinated way to meet established goals.
• Serves as the primary relationship manager for a portfolio of priority corporations, corporate foundations, CEOs, C-Suite executives and other high impact individuals with responsibility for prospect research, recruitment, cultivation, and retention.
• Aligns corporations and CEO affinities and needs with ACS priorities and events to achieve individual income goals, support enterprise goals, and to further our impact to mission programs and services.
• Identifies opportunity and facilitates the development of high impact alliances and partnerships for the Society and among our corporate and distinguished partners.
• Leverages volunteers as door openers and relationship builders.
• Oversees delivery of high level constituent experience and recognition programs to cultivate new expanded opportunities, such as Laureate Society and major gifts; Collaborates with major gifts staff on the cultivation of existing donor relationships and assists them with executing initiatives, delivering on strategy, and achieving goals.
• Works across regions to maintain enterprise account management standards, drives and encourages innovation to achieve high recruiting and retention rates with corporate accounts.
• Partners with region account operations and enterprise support functions to ensure successful program execution, including tracking, planning, implementation and gathering continuous performance feedback.
• Supports the Sr Director, Partner Relationships and VP, Regional Distinguished Partners to ensure mission, top line, and bottom line goals are reached as well as compliance with enterprise policies.
• Collaborates with the Community Development, Cancer Control, Business Planning & Operation, Communications/Marketing and ACS CAN staff to ensure coordinated and interdependent achievement of region goals; leverages income and mission goals.
• Assists with maintaining CEOs Against Cancer® (CAC) chapter, achieving high recruiting and retention rates with members, and delivering against the CAC strategy by meeting/exceeding recruiting and revenue goals, as appropriate
• Partners with the GHQ Corporate Alliances department to provide support with Fortune 500 account management and region level execution as part of a coordinated corporate engagement effort.
• Supports ACS CAN strategies by leveraging corporate relationships.
• Monitors and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the values, goals and objectives of the Society to create an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, empowerment, and dedication to the mission.
• Ensures volunteers reflect the diversity of the communities served by the region and creates and reinforces an environment of inclusion.
BS/BA or equivalent experience preferred, with three years proven success in fundraising, corporate engagement, and executive relationship development with distinguished partners, preferably with a multi-million dollar organization.
• Able to interact effectively with high level corporate executives and community leaders.
• Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
• Able to manage and motivate diverse groups and individuals, and work successfully as a leader in a team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
• Proven ability to collaborate within staff account teams to develop appropriate plans to set and meet constituent goals.
• Able to remain composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and takes responsibility for delivering on organizational commitments.
• Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
• Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing, negotiating, and resolving issues with constituents as they arise.
• Ability to respond appropriately and effectively to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources and make appropriate decisions.
• Proficient in computer-based information systems.
• Some travel required
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities.
We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.