Director, Estate & Gift Planning, San Antonio/Austin Market - RemoteApply Now Job ID 21835071360 Location San Antonio, Texas; Austin, Texas Position Type Full-time
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
- Meet personally (via phone, virtual meetings and, when possible, face-to-face) with prospects, donors and professional advisors to share information and materials about the American Cancer Society, Inc.'s (Society's) planned giving program as well as our life-saving program of work;
- Grow and manage a portfolio of qualified, active prospects through various stages of moves management (identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship);
- Attain annual targets for: personal visits with prospects, donors, and/or financial advisors; planned gift proposals delivered; and new planned gift commitments closed in support of the Society's mission;
- Utilize Salesforce to track, qualify and report prospect, donor and advisor contacts and progression through stages of moves management;
- Actively collaborate with major gift (and other) colleagues to leverage opportunities to expand blended gift proposals and cultivate additional planned giving prospects;
- Remain current on various estate and gifting techniques/vehicles, applicable tax law, and charitable giving trends.
- Remain knowledgeable about the Society's life-saving work in the areas of cancer research, patient support, prevention information/education, and detection and treatment;
- Model behavior that encourages collaboration with Society colleagues throughout the organization and is also consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society.
Bachelor's degree and 3+ years experience in nonprofit fundraising, or equivalent experience in nonprofit networking/relationship building. Major gift and/or planned-giving experience preferred.
- Candidate must exhibit strong judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Impeccable organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as computer proficiency.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.