Coordinator, Mission SupportApply Now Job ID 14113630 Location Modesto, California; Sacramento, California; Campbell, California Position Type Full-Time
Position DescriptionSave lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Coordinator, Mission Support role will provide mission related support services to the Mission Delivery staff in the region. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: document/materials/product management, volunteer and program support, patient-related service requests, patient program assistance, patient resource center support, and standard reporting.
• Provides mission document, materials and product management by ordering brochures, flyers, kits and other materials/products to support ACS mission programs. Customizes or prepares mission related materials to include but not limited to: packets, brochures, posters, folders (Reach to Recovery Kits, and Personal Health Managers), wigs, wig caps, and other materials/ products
• Supports mission program volunteer activities by maintaining volunteer data in Salesforce, training logistics and coordination, fulfilling volunteer requests for program materials (through coordination with local office support), fulfills program volunteer requests, and volunteer mailings.
• Provides program support ensuring mailing of program materials/resources are sent to patients, performs non-PSC patient follow-up, submits program updates to PSC/Shared Service Business Center (SSBC)/Resource Management team for entry into Salesforce and the Connection, coordinates program logistics, class lists, schedules rooms, event registration, maintains program supplies, copies, and coordinates with PSC. Support of non-Road to Recovery transportation programs (including payments or reimbursement for transportation, lodging, or issuing fuel cards to volunteers).
• Fulfills forwarded patient and program related service requests; serves as the point of contact for urgent requests or changes/requests not related to Patient Service Center (PSC) capabilities.
• Provides Siebel support for mission managers, including data entry as identified. • Produces standard reports as needed to support ACS mission programs reviews/audits reports as needed; follows up on data quality or content concerns; manages specific data Salesforce (i.e., patient served, participant reports, mission volunteer reports, etc.).
• Provides support as needed for patient resource center including assisting walk-in patients when volunteer is not available, organizing materials and maintains wig room inventory, processes donated wigs, and completes data capture.
Position Requirements• Associate’s degree preferred; or a combination of education and work experience
• 0-2 years of mission support experience
Demonstrates Regional Support Services Competencies: Being resilient, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Customer focus, Ensures accountability, Instills trust, Optimizes work processes, Resourcefulness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills; strong word processing, database management and spreadsheet skills.
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
• Able to cultivate relationships in a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
• Limited travel, including evening and weekend work required.
• Ability to lift 30lbs.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.