Regional Manager, FacilitiesApply Now Job ID 10242702 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota, Des Moines, Iowa, St Louis, Missouri Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
This position is responsible for the overall management of facility repairs and maintenance activities, building engineering and operations, vendor management and control, safety and physical security for all ACS properties within a region. This position is responsible for staff trainings (FMs) and ensuring that staff place emphasis on excellent customer service, operational efficiency, and aligning with Regional, Hope Lodge and Enterprise goals and objectives. In addition, this position may supervise Facility Managers within a region.
• Manages and has oversight for all facilities management operations, including communications, systems, security, health & safety, mechanical and electrical and building services, through the management of external vendors and contractors in the assigned region.
• Implements initiatives to reduce operating costs in assigned region to increase efficiencies, maximize return on property investments, prolong asset useful life, ensure safety, and improve property value (where applicable).
• Manages maintenance and service programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of the properties, where applicable, protecting and prolonging the useful life of assets within the portfolio and assuring customer satisfaction of the staff occupying the space.
• Ensures that staff maintain accurate and up to date space plans, utilization reports and asset inventories for all properties in assigned region.
• Performs scheduled and ad hoc property inspections for all sites within assigned region to ensure compliance with ACS standards.
• Develops capital improvement and deferred maintenance plans and budgets for assigned locations.
• Manages and oversees all ad hoc interior projects, re-stacks, moves/adds/changes and office furniture modifications.
• Enforces workplace standards and initiatives.
• Ensures Facilities Management procedures comply with local, state and federal regulations.
• Produces and maintains various reports and metrics, and oversees the implementation of best practices.
• Working in conjunction with the Regional Director, develops local guidelines, and training and communication for emergency preparation and response, business continuity, and disaster recovery.
A bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional designation preferred (i.e. CFM, FMP, CPM, RPA, MFE, etc.).
• Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Experience directly managing staff.
• Experience directly managing vendors.
• Experience managing tenant/landlord relationship and lease interpretation.
• Proven organizational, management, and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and presentation skills.
• Negotiates confidently with people at a senior level on both an internal and external basis. Can deal with difficult situations.
• Independent thinker, capable of identifying emerging security and health and safety issues and recommending appropriate mitigation.
• Problem solver with ability to organize multiple priorities, tasks, and requests.
• Self-starter with ability to work alone and as part of team.
• Ability to hire, train, and develop staff.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
5+ years work experience in facilities management, property management, office services and administration, operations, or procurement.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The successful candidate must be on-call 24/7/365 and when needed, work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends & holidays.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.