Administrative Assistant, Hope LodgeApply Now Job ID 13868702 Location Houston, Texas Position Type Full-Time
Position DescriptionSave lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Administrative Assistant provides a variety of administrative functions to assist in the operations of a Hope Lodge, a hospitality house for adult cancer patients and caregivers with 40 or more rooms. Works with entire Hope Lodge team (Senior Manager, Assistant Manager, Coordinators, and Senior Hope Lodge Operations members) to ensure guests caregivers and volunteers are taken care of when at the Hope Lodge.
• Provides administrative support for assigned Senior Manager, Assistant Manager and Coordinators.
• Answers phones and greets incoming visitors.
• Performs a variety of routine administrative tasks including compiling and entering data, preparing reports, processing and coding documents primarily using the Hope Lodge Management System (HLMS) and Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Sets up and maintains both digital and hard-copy records and files for tracking patient-guests, caregiver-guests, volunteers, vendors, etc.
• Orders office and building supplies and keeps inventory.
• Coordinates receipt and distribution of letters, packages, correspondence, sorts mail, maintains postage due accounts and postage in meters. • Processes ePRFs for lodge-related expenses and invoices.
• Oversees donation processing and cash management received according to cash management handling procedures to include memorials, batch headers, petty cash, bank deposits; act as point of contact for finance deposits, assist with inquiries related to income processing.
• Assists in the development of presentations, reports and sharing/updating information on the Hope Lodge metrics shared with internal and external audiences.
• Helps cover building in the absence of other staff including: providing direction to incoming guests, volunteers and vendors.
• Serves as a resource in resolving guest issues, including admittance, adherence to policies, and problem solving.
• Communicates with healthcare workers and referral sources with regard to room availability, lodge policies, guest statues, etc.
• Provides tours for civic, community and health care groups as requested/scheduled.
• Ensures timely reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual tracking reports.
• Assists enterprise-wide Hope Lodge staff with policy implementation.
• Adheres to all American Cancer Society privacy and confidentiality requirements.
• Maintains a positive and professional work environment.
• May be required to assist with cleaning the facility, including guest rooms and assisting with making guest beds.
• May be occasionally required to drive a company-provided vehicle to transport patients/caregivers to and from treatment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements• High School diploma, GED or equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Some post-secondary education desirable.
• 0-2 years office support experience.
Demonstrates Professional Support Services Competencies: Communicates effectively, Customer focus, Ensures accountability, Instills trust, Interpersonal savvy, Organizational savvy, Resourcefulness, Situational adaptability.
• Proficient verbal and written communication, computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word as well as excellent organizational skills and the ability to remain calm under stressful situations, and handle self in a professional manner at all times required.
• Ability to prioritize needs and perform tasks in a high-pressure environment. Experience within hospitality housing or similar environment a plus.
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Able to work occasional nights, weekends and unusual hours as may be needed to ensure 24/7 staffing is a plus.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.