Development CoachApply Now Job ID 12821707 Location East Lansing, Michigan Position Type Temporary
This Development Coach role is a contract position with American Cancer Society.
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Effectively develop call center Ambassadors to persuade donors to support the ACS mission by renewing a donation while also providing the highest level of customer care and stewardship. Provide meaningful feedback, one to one coaching, and implementing performance improvement plans to achieve desired results. Effectively train new Ambassadors to quickly and effectively communicate with our donors through fundraising, donor stewardship, and special project calling. Effectively perform Q/A functions utilizing documented processes for all types of calling and on donor stewardship communications.
• Develop, coach, and motivate call center Ambassadors to strengthen donor relationships and renew their financial support to the American Cancer Society while providing exceptional call quality and customer service.
• Develop Ambassadors to quickly meet and exceed fundraising productivity goals.
• Effectively answer inbound calls, de-escalate calls as needed, and drive first call resolution.
• Proactively monitor calls of Ambassadors to assess call quality.
• Perform QA on Donor Stewardship communications.
• Communicate and take immediate action on all QA findings through established processes.
• Accurately and timely entering and tracking of performance and quality metrics.
• Willingness and ability to effectively perform all types of calling and demonstrate these skills to Ambassadors along with contributing to project goals.
• Train, mentor, and develop new and existing Ambassadors as needed in a classroom setting and/or in a one-on-one environment utilizing approved content and materials.
• Collaborate with other staff members to create more effective trainings, coachings, campaign performance, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma
• Demonstrated ability to develop and improve performance.
• Excellent ability to communicate the American Cancer Society’s mission in a compelling manner.
• Ability to exhibit analytical and effective decision-making skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively communicate over the phone and resolve/defuse ACS Customer concerns.
• Possess excellent active listening skills.
• Be responsive to feedback.
• Ability to effectively work independently.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, call center environment.
• Display individual accountability, leadership and relationship building skills with staff.
• Ability to relate and work well with people.
• Ability to deliver compelling and actionable feedback with empathy and urgency.
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, OneNote, Outlook, familiarity using databases, and the ability to quickly learn how to effectively use new software.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• Call center experience preferred.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Leadership experience preferred.
• Quality assurance experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.