Health Systems Manager, Primary Care SystemsApply Now Job ID 9846694 Location Doral, Florida Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Leads the achievement of cancer control goals through relationships with a portfolio of prioritized health system accounts. These accounts include, but are not limited to, Federally Qualified Community Health Centers, primary care associations, Indian Health Services and other tribal primary care systems, and community-based entities such as health center networks and community health worker networks. Provides consultation and Quality Improvement coaching for implementation of evidence based strategies and ACS cancer control programs designed to have broad population impact on reducing cancer incidence and decreasing mortality rates. Ensures goal achievement through the effective engagement of system partners and volunteers.
• Manages prioritized health systems engagement on prevention, early detection, screening, and access to care initiatives, employee health & wellness programs, and population health-related efforts to achieve cancer control priorities.
• Works within and across Regions to achieve high engagement levels for health systems, delivering against mission and income strategies by ensuring staff meet/exceed ACS customer promises and function as strategic advisors.
• Delivers on established strategy through a portfolio of priority primary care system accounts proactively, oversees account planning processes, and is responsible for delivering on the most effective and appropriate evidence based strategies through Quality Improvement.
• Strategically coordinates with other Health Systems staff and their accounts for the integration of work in the medical neighborhood.
• Collaborates with Community Development, Distinguished Partners, and ACS CAN staff to maximize health system engagement in ACS activities, events, and fundraising efforts within the market.
• Assures compliance with all governmental regulations and organizational policies which involve personal health information and constituent privacy, e.g., HIPAA.
• Assesses health system readiness and capacity and, as appropriate, serves as a Quality Improvement coach to advise practices on evidence-based interventions and improvement projects.
• Aligns prioritized primary care system affinities and needs with ACS program of work to achieve individual cancer control and program performance metrics, support enterprise goals, and to further our impact to mission programs and services.
• Works with FQHCs (Federally Qualified Health Care Centers), primary care associations, and community health center and worker networks serving underserved communities, including physician education forums and other community events to engage constituents in the ACS program of work related strategies.
• Manages grant-funded Quality Improvement projects with systems partners to achieve cancer control objectives, in accordance with enterprise grant policies and protocols.
• Works in partnership with Distinguished Partners and Community Development to expand the grants portfolio within the Region, including private, corporate, and government funding sources.
• Links primary care systems to community organizations to address cancer control priorities, with an emphasis on communities and populations experiencing health disparities and barriers to care.
• Provides technical assistance to community health and primary care systems on the integration of community health workers and other prevention and screening navigators into clinical practice.
• Supports the Senior Director, Primary Care Systems to ensure mission, top line, and bottom line goals are reached as well as compliance with enterprise policies.
Bachelor’s degree in public health, health administration, healthcare, nonprofit management or equivalent preferred; graduate or doctorate degree a plus. Preferred minimum of three years of experience in health care related sales or account management, with a proven background in fundraising and executive relationship development, preferably with a multi-million dollar organization.
Demonstrates Health Systems Competencies:
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Balances stakeholders - Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Builds networks - Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Plans and aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
• Able to cultivate relationships with targeted health systems to create a sense of urgency related to awareness of cancer as a major health problem, motivate to action in prevention and early detection, and influence strategies and techniques.
• Ability to represent the Society effectively and professionally to primary care health systems, community leaders, including working with disparate populations and diverse constituents.
• Demonstrated success managing a team of diverse relationship/account managers with mission, fundraising, and health industry experience.
• Knowledge of health insurance and coverage issues, advocacy, and government policy.
• Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure.
• Strong experience with community-based program planning and implementation.
• Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
• Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Able to manage and motivate diverse groups and individuals, and work successfully as a leader in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
• Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
• Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
• Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
• Proficient in computer-based information systems.
• Strong strategic planning skills.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• Extensive knowledge of health care markets, managed care organizations, and primary care infrastructure.
• Knowledge of program development, outcome-based interventions, educational processes and evaluations.
• Strong knowledge of health status data statistics and analysis, chronic disease tracking, and reading and interpreting cancer statistics.
• Maintains general knowledge of science and evidenced based best practices through monitoring current research and practices, attending trainings, and participating in enterprise and regional meetings.
Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.