Health Systems Manager, State & Primary Care SystemsApply Now Job ID 13005684 Location Des Moines, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Leads the achievement of Society cancer control goals through comprehensive relationship management with a portfolio of prioritized, large primary care networks and state health system accounts. Through account relationships, implements evidence-based interventions with a focus on Society priorities. Provides consultation and Quality Improvement coaching, promoting the adoption and implementation of ACS programs. Responsible for identification and cultivation of revenue opportunities to support cancer control goals, as well as engage health systems in financial support of the Society.
• Manages prioritized health systems engagement on prevention, early detection, screening, quality of life and access to care initiatives, employee health & wellness programs, and population health-related efforts to achieve cancer control priorities.
• Works within and across Regions to achieve high engagement levels for health systems, delivering against mission and income strategies; ensuring staff meet/exceed ACS customer promises and function as strategic advisors.
• Delivers on established strategy through a portfolio of priority state health system partners and primary care system accounts. Proactively oversees account planning processes and is responsible for delivering on the most effective and appropriate evidence-based strategies through Quality Improvement to achieve ACS goals.
• Responsible for the implementation of an account team’s strategy for managing prioritized system relationships within assigned portfolio and serves as the relationship manager for assigned accounts.
• Develops appropriate volunteer engagement and support to advance cancer control priorities.
• Strategically coordinates and aligns with other Cancer Control staff and their accounts for the integration of work in the medical neighborhood to achieve individual high impact mission and income opportunities which support enterprise goals.
• Ensures evidence-based strategies are utilized as solutions and monitors the implementation status and results.
• Assesses health system readiness and capacity and, as appropriate, serves as a Quality Improvement coach to advise practices on evidence-based interventions and improvement projects.
• Aligns prioritized system affinities and needs with ACS program of work to achieve individual cancer control and program performance metrics, support enterprise goals, and to further our impact to mission programs and services.
• Works with FQHCs (Federally Qualified Health Care Centers), primary care associations, and community health centers and worker networks serving underserved communities, including physician education forums and other community events to engage constituents in the ACS program of work related strategies.
• Links systems to community organizations to address cancer control priorities, with an emphasis on communities and populations experiencing health disparities and barriers to care.
• Provides technical assistance to community health and primary care systems on the integration of community health workers and other prevention and screening navigators into clinical practice.
• Collaborates with Community Development, Distinguished Partners, and ACS CAN staff to maximize health system engagement in ACS activities, events, and fundraising efforts within the market.
• Manages grant-funded projects with systems partners to achieve cancer control objectives, in accordance with enterprise grant policies and protocols.
• Works in partnership with Community Development and Distinguished Partners to expand the grants revenue portfolio within the Region, including private, corporate, and government funding sources.
• Assures compliance with all governmental regulations and organizational policies which involve personal health information and constituent privacy, e.g., HIPAA.
• Model and foster behavior that contributes to a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership and is consistent with the values, goals, and objectives of the Society, creating an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, empowerment and dedication to the mission.
Bachelor’s degree in public health, health administration, healthcare, nonprofit management or equivalent preferred; graduate or doctorate degree a plus. Preferred minimum of three years of experience in health care related sales or account management, with a proven background in fundraising and executive relationship development, preferably with a multi-million-dollar organization.
Demonstrates Health Systems Competencies:
Action oriented, Balances stakeholders, Builds networks, Collaborates, Ensures accountability,
Plans and aligns, Situational adaptability, Strategic mindset.
• Able to cultivate relationships with targeted health systems to create a sense of urgency related to awareness of cancer as a major health problem, motivate to action in prevention and early detection, and influence strategies and techniques.
• Ability to represent the Society effectively and professionally to health systems and community leaders, including working with disparate populations and diverse constituents.
• Demonstrated success managing a team of diverse relationship/account managers with mission, fundraising, and health industry experience.
• Knowledge of health insurance and coverage issues, advocacy, and government policy.
• Ability to understand and work within a complex organizational structure.
• Strong experience with community-based program planning and implementation.
• Knowledge of product marketing/sales concepts.
• Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Able to manage and motivate diverse groups and individuals, and work successfully as a leader in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated success collaborating with staff account teams to develop appropriate plans for constituents.
• Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
• Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
• Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
• Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources.
• Strong strategic planning skills.
• Extensive knowledge of health care markets, insurance structurers, Medicaid and Medicare practices and policies, managed care organizations, and primary care infrastructure.
• Knowledge of program development, outcome-based interventions, educational processes and evaluations.
• Strong knowledge of health status data statistics and analysis, chronic disease tracking, and reading and interpreting cancer statistics.
• Maintains general knowledge of science and evidenced based best practices through monitoring current research and practices, attending trainings, and participating in enterprise and regional meetings.
Travel, including evening and weekend work required.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.