Sr Program Manager, HPV Cancer Free TexasApply Now Job ID 10810413 Location Dallas, Texas; Austin, Texas Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
This project is supported by a private donor for a 3-year period.
The Manager for Mission: HPV Cancer Free, Texas will lead and coordinate implementation of all aspects of the Mission: HPV Cancer Free Project in Texas, in partnership with local staff, Regional leadership and the Society’s National HPV vaccination team. The Manager will oversee the launch of the project, day-to-day execution, coordination with internal staff and external partners. This includes management of all associated contracts and grants to outside organizations, data and reporting.
This position will support the implementation of health system and healthcare provider partnerships focused on HPV vaccination with a focus on North Texas. In addition, the Manager will provide strategic leadership to support the Texas HPV Coalition in implementing targeted efforts to increase HPV vaccination across the state of Texas. The Manager will ensure success of the “Mission: HPV Cancer Free” Campaign targeting North Texas. The Manager of HPV Cancer Free Texas will supervise a Provider and Community Education Manager.
• Lead the implementation of the Mission: HPV Cancer Free, North Texas project as outlined in the grant deliverables and yearly milestones.
• Manages, coaches, develops, Provider and Community Education manager to meet project and enterprise goals; ensures that responsibilities and accountabilities of all direct reports are well-defined.
• Coordinates all aspects of the project including contracts, grants and partnerships. Ensure contract compliance and deadlines are met.
• Maintain strong communication and collaboration with internal staff engaged in project to ensure effective coordination of project and Campaign.
• Ensure all project-related data collection and reporting is completed in coordination with national and local staff. Participate in developing regular reports for ACS leadership and project donor.
• Provide strategic leadership for HPV Coalition and collaborate with regional State Health Systems staff to lead and organize Texas HPV Coalition meetings and events
• Interface with local media to help promote the campaign and the project
• Ensure partnerships are aligned with health systems that will allow for maximum impact of health systems projects in North Texas.
• Regularly assess new opportunities and linkages that will advance to goals of the project
• MS, MA, MPH, MPA degree preferred or BS, BA degree with 3-5 years project management experience in public health.
• Strong knowledge of the ACS health systems operations and management.
• Strong knowledge of statewide coalition development related to HPV vaccination.
• Action oriented - Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Balances stakeholders - Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Builds networks - Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Decision Quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Drives Results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Drives Vision and Purpose - Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
• Plans and aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Situational adaptability - Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• Strategic mindset - Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies.
• Experience leading state-level public health projects or campaigns, strongly preferred.
• Experience working with payors (private/public), state departments of health, comprehensive cancer coalitions, and immunization coalitions.
• Management and direct supervision experience preferred.
• Ability to represent the Society effectively and professionally through national, state, and regional presentations.
• Strong experience with community-based public health program planning and implementation
• Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to set and meet deadlines and maintain schedules for deliverables related to multiple projects.
• Ability to prepare and deliver training, staff support, and community presentations
• Demonstrated ability to bring together and galvanize diverse groups to support public health priorities
• Ability to quickly learn and articulate the ACS priorities, environment and culture.
• Knowledge and experience participating in public health education campaigns, preferred demonstrated knowledge of HPV related cancers, immunization, and evidence-based interventions for HPV vaccination.
• Knowledge of health care markets, managed care organizations, and primary care infrastructure.
• Knowledge of program development, outcome-based interventions, educational processes and evaluations.
• Strong knowledge of health data and immunization tracking, demonstrated ability to interpret health data and statistics and make data-driven programmatic decisions.
• Maintains general knowledge of science and evidenced based best practices through monitoring current research and practices, attending trainings, and participating in enterprise and regional meetings.
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Travel, including evening work required (20-40%)
• Ability to work independently
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.