Sr Coordinator, Community & Administrative SupportApply Now Job ID 12606991 Location Cleveland, Ohio Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Senior Coordinator, Community & Administrative Support role will be responsible for providing administrative support to an assigned Executive Director and ensuring region offices are opened and staffed to serve the customer in their respective communities as well as perform activities to support a portfolio of community development and/or distinguished events. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: traditional administrative support, volunteer leadership management support, mail management, general office operations, office volunteer management, donation/income processing, general event support, event materials & product support, data entry, standard reporting and special projects. In partnership with the Senior Manager Support Services, serves as a coach to a team of community support staff to effectively meet the office and event management needs of the region.
Executive Director Support:
• Provides high level and confidential administrative support to the Executive Director; responsibilities include records management, travel & T&E management, meeting management, general document preparation, calendar management, general correspondence and special projects.
• Provides support for market volunteer leadership by maintaining correspondence, calendars, meeting planning and logistics, agenda development, materials development., serving as point of contact for volunteer market leaders and developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with them.
• Provides exceptional customer service to high level volunteers and major donors.
• Provide office supply management, to include ordering, inventory, receiving orders, and expenses
• Responsible for materials/product management - receiving orders, maintaining inventory and distributing to appropriate staff
• Oversee mail management, coordinate receipt and distribution of letters, packages, correspondence, sort mail, process all office bulk mailings, maintain postage due accounts and postage in meters
• Provide support for facility management, interact with building management and landlord as needed, serve as a liaison for the Facilities Department for annual building inspections injury incident reports, office closure, security point of contact, local point of contact for internal/ external office vendors
• Provide general office operation support, coordinates office space utilization and equipment with regional facility manager; manages off site / internal storage facility clean up and maintains and manages inventory of fixed assets
• Process office related expenses in Concur and invoices in ACS Marketplace.
• Point of contact for meeting and trainings being held at the office location including AV equipment, conference rooms, office meetings and trainings (beverages, food, room preparation, supplies)
• Serve as a liaison for the IT department; works with them to receive/return needed equipment (i.e.new hires/departures, event related needs, etc.), resolve office wide computer related issues, and acts as point of contact for computer and hardware upgrades and phone systems.
• Oversee reception and front desk duties, receive incoming calls, provide assistance to callers; greets visitors and provide assistance as needed maintain visitor sign-in log, ensures office is covered for opening and closures, and addresses general event and mission related inquiries from walk ins.
• Oversee office volunteer management and collaborates with the Volunteer Care Team to fulfill volunteer requests.
• Oversees all income processing and cash management in accordance with Finance and internal audit procedures.
• Manage local office Salesforce service request activities and reassign as necessary
• Responsible to create, prepare, proof-read, and review content and format for all events and related materials including but not limited to: invitations, RSVP’s, brochures, posters, letters, programs, certificates, and name tags.
• Provides event and material product support. Maintains records of orders ensuring appropriate accounting. Set up and compile information for distinguished events including bid forms, bid paddles, and accurate seat assignments & charts within Greater Giving.
• Order event related supplies including but not limited to: awards, brochures, apparel (as applicable), supplies, invitations, promotional products (gifts giveaways, etc), t-shirts, luminaria, and incentive prizes.
• Prepares event correspondence, team captain packets, sends invitations for kickoffs, registration nights, committee meetings and other events. Manages RSVP process for event and event related meetings. Maintains contact list for events. Prepares mailings (lists, labels, stuffing, and sealing), bulk mail, mail merge, etc.
• Provides general event support: maintain schedule of locations, dates and times for events. Assist with event participant registration/ticket purchasing as needed, maintain insurance and contract process (certificates of insurance), act as point of contact for event related inquiries (SRs, phone, walk-ins), manage auction process (entering auction items, coordinate auction item; not to include soliciting auction items) .
• Assists in proactive planning for distinguished events, including future needs of materials, copies, brochures, sponsor packets, etc., assist lead staff with training of registration and check out process, assist with clean-up of auction including refund of credit cards, wrong auction items, etc., work with lead staff to sync Greater Giving, assist lead staff with locating and updating pictures of all silent auction items, post event management activities, work with lead staff to keep auction inventory in a safe and in order, pack and send back Greater Giving terminals. Maintain small game of chance license.
• Performs event data entry to include: income, expenses, sponsorship, etc. into Salesforce and Greater Giving. Maintain and update records of committees, sponsors, survivors, etc., ensure post event data was entered into Salesforce accurately and timely. Submits new and updated event data to SSBC when necessary.
• Provides on day event support as approved and within policy. Attend event to support staff and volunteers, help volunteers through registration and check out, help setup and take down the computers, printer, etc. Provide support for onsite donation processing.
• Provides support for event income processing (assist office support in the local office(s)). Ensures proper preparation of batch headers, process donations, create bank night kits: batch forms, accounting packets, log, bank bags, and income processing box. Reconciles income and expenses in Lawson.
• Pulls reports as needed to support ACS Distinguished & Community Events, reviews reports as needed, follows up on data quality or content concerns; compiles and summarizes data to meet specific account management needs. Manages specific data (i.e., registrations, donations, previous YTD information, lapsed participants, team leader reports, etc.).
• In partnership with the Senior Manger Support Services coaches and develops a team of office & event support staff to meet the needs of assigned event portfolio.
• Collaborates with Senior Manager Support Services on hiring, onboarding/training, monitoring performance and conducting reviews.
• Approves staff eTime, T&E, and ACS MArketplace orders for direct reports; in coordination with the Senior Manager Division Support Services manages staff PTO and backup coverage.
• Associate’s degree preferred; or a combination of education and work experience.
• 2-4 years of office or event support experience.
Demonstrates Regional Support Services Competencies:
Being resilient, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Customer focus, Ensures accountability, Instills trust, Optimizes work processes, Resourcefulness.
• Strong collaborative leadership, coaching and development skills of diverse staff.
• Demonstrated issue resolution skills.
• Self-driven/self-motivated, able to work with very little direct supervision or direction.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills; strong word processing, database management and spreadsheet skills.
• Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Able to cultivate relationships in a diverse population of community leaders and volunteers.
• Limited travel, including evening and weekend work required.
• Ability to lift 30lbs.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.