Director, Estate & Gift Planning - Iowa/South DakotaApply Now Job ID 1721740064 Location Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Dubuque, Iowa; Des Moines, Iowa; Sioux Falls, South Dakota Position Type Full-Time
Position DescriptionSave lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Director, Estate and Gift Planning is a part of a team responsible for over 15% of the organization’s revenue, second only to our well-known “Relay for Life” and other special events. The Director, Estate and Gift Planning builds relationships with planned giving prospects and donors in addition to estate and financial planning professionals.
• Document $750,000 to $1,300,000 in new gifts Net Present Value;
• Meet personally with prospects, donors and professional advisors (220 face-to-face scheduled contacts annually) to discuss the American Cancer Society, Inc.’s cancer control, research, patient services programs and planned giving services;
• Submit minimum of 24 proposals of $10,000+ within a fiscal year in support of the American Cancer Society mission;
• Manage a portfolio of qualified, active prospects through various stages of moves management;
• Maintain a high level of expertise regarding state and federal taxes, gift and estate giving methods and the legal aspect of charitable giving;
• Build relationships with the planned giving prospects and donors, and with estate and financial planning professionals;
• Provide prospects, donors and professional advisors with information and materials about the American Cancer Society, Inc.’s local and national cancer control services, support groups and research programs;
• Coordinate suggestions for planned giving vehicles with the prospects and their advisors in order to meet their estate/financial planning goals and those of the ACS;
• Develop a Planned Giving Implementation Plan;
• And maintain a general knowledge of American Cancer Society Inc.’s local and national cancer control services, support groups and research programs;
• Coordinates with all ACS departments;
• Coordinates with Divisions, Donors, advisors and gift officers as needed;
Position RequirementsBachelor’s degree and 3+ years experience in major and/or planned giving fundraising, or equivalent experience as an attorney, CPA, CFP, etc.
Advanced planned giving and/or tax training are preferred.
Demonstrates the following Major Gifts/Planned Giving Competencies: Customer focus, Strategic mindset, Action oriented, Drives results, Interpersonal savvy, Builds networks, Persuades, Being resilient.
- Experience with planned giving software is preferred.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Impeccable organizational skills; able to handle multiple projects
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.