Oncology Nurse Information SpecialistApply Now Job ID 10700709 Location Austin, Texas; San Antonio, Texas; Las Vegas, Nevada Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Provides unbiased; patient tailored information that empowers patients and caregivers to better manage the impact of a cancer diagnosis. Researches medically complex customer inbound calls to 1-800-ACS-2345.Critically evaluates literature to assess reliability and relevance to select the most useful information for a constituent. This position is a virtual work from home. Shift hours are Monday - Friday, 10:30 am. - 6:30 pm.
• Acts as second level information delivery for complex cancer questions
• Takes ownership of providing most current, relevant and accurate information ensuring caller satisfaction
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills by actively listening and sharing information in layperson’s terms
• Uses ACS approved resources to research and respond to complex cancer questions
• Capable of working on a live queue and answering questions in the moment
• Supports the training and Oncology Education of newly hired Cancer Information Specialists.
• Supports the Continuing Education of tenured Cancer Information Specialists.
• Available to provide educational training to other parts of the organization
• Works in synchronicity with Nurse team to meet service level targets and teaching expectations
• Helps caller with appropriate questions to ask their healthcare team. Helps prepare them for future doctor visits and provides an understanding of cancer journey expectations.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to support business needs.
• Provides direct support to Laureate callers
• Provides Quality Monitoring support for the ONIS team and consultant to Quality Dept.
• Willingness to work on special projects and ACS research needs
• Capable of learning Siebel CRM system and documenting appropriate call summaries
• Current RN licensure required, Oncology Certification preferred
• Minimum of 2 years clinical oncology nursing experience required
• Demonstrated oncology clinical competence beyond that acquired in a basic nursing program
Demonstrates NCIC Mission Delivery Competencies:
• Being resilient - Rebounds from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
• Communicates effectively - Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Decision quality - Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Ensures accountability - Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
• Interpersonal savvy - Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Adept in searching electronic medical data bases for information. Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, listening and speaking skills.
• Abides by ACS policies; procedures; and security requirements
• Articulates ideas and information verbally and tailors message to the intended audience
• Requires a creative thinker, self-motivation, mission driven and the innate ability to organize multiple tasks simultaneously
• Maintains professional demeanor, uses tact, compassion and empathy when speaking with callers
• Ability to work in a team environment with other oncology nurses; writers; and medical professionals
• Maintains excellent attendance and supports the needs of the nurse team during absences of others
Willingness to work toward achievement of oncology certification if not currently certified.
Work from Home Requirements:
• A space free of distractions with stable internet connectivity.
• Internet connection with a speed of at least 10 MBPS download & 2 MBPS upload.
• Modem/Router with a minimum of 2 ethernet ports, and accessible for direct plug in to your Desktop and Phone. Wi-fi connectivity is not permitted.
• Dedicated office space must be large enough to fit 2 monitors. Monitors are 22-inch wide screen monitors.
• Must pass a typing proficiency test of 50 WPM
• Must satisfactorily pass a technology assessment
• Must be able to provide proof of homeowners/renters insurance
The American Cancer Society will provide some of the technical hardware equipment for you to perform in your role including desktop computer, two 22 inch monitors, phone, headset, keyboard & mouse, webcam, surge protector, adapters and connectors, and miscellaneous supplies.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.