Sr Salesforce Solutions DeveloperApply Now Job ID 3657125920 Location Atlanta, Georgia; Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina Position Type Full-Time
This position is a remote role, open anywhere throughout the United States.
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
This role serves as a Senior Developer to support the development and support of CRM applications. The role is highly technical and requires interfacing directly with business stakeholders and technical resources to maintain the Salesforce product including integration with other applications and tools.
The Senior Developer will engage and support business stakeholders by designing, developing, and implementing new and innovative solutions, aligned with and meeting business needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage the development, testing and delivery of native Salesforce components, Visualforce, Apex, lightning components.
- Configure customized solutions using CRM toolset including custom objects and fields, views, applications, validation rules, workflows, scripting, web services, APIs, etc.
- Own all technical aspects of application development. Participate in Business and Requirements Analysis Phase as required, reviews requirements and translates business requirements into detailed technical specifications and perform the build activities to deliver a solution from the design stage to a functional application, assist with functional requirements, gap analysis and application architecture.
- Responsibilities in Release Management functions.
- Provide accurate estimates of development effort and cost to Manager CME Applications so that sound decisions can be made about proposed enhancements.
- Meet with peers and manager to review design and programming specifications. Works with data analysts, DBAs, and infrastructure team members to design high performance systems.
- Develop programs/processes using appropriate programming/scripting languages and performs program testing and debugging to bring programs to the level necessary for smooth operations.
- Build Salesforce.com product extensions using VisualForce technology.
- Work in a DevOps model to provide full application and platform development and support. Utilize iterative/Agile methodology.
- Serve as Tier 3 development support to correct production defects. Supports system and user acceptance testing activities including issue resolution to help complete tasks in a timely manner. Diagnose and solve technical problems related to CRM implementation.
- Utilize industry best practices and standards for software engineering to create value and minimize risk.
- Consult with third party technology providers in the design, development and integration of complex business applications when applicable.
- Review and/or develop conceptual solutions and provide recommendations based upon existing IT assets and architectures and in alignment with the strategic platform/roadmap.
- Contribute to and define development standards and best practices. Keep abreast of new developments in computing equipment, systems analysis, and programming techniques using all available educational sources, maintain a working knowledge of higher level programming languages used by IT for software development and support through education and experience.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Overall 8 years’ experience with 5+ years working with Salesforce/Force (Apex, VisualForce.com APIs and Web Services)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management, release management and other related processes.
- Salesforce Certification required:
- Certified Application Architect OR Certified System Architect OR Certified Platform Developer and Certified Integration Architecture Designer
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Working Knowledge/Experience in Enterprise Environments with applied experience or understanding of Apex Enterprise Patterns.
- Working knowledge of SOQL, SQL, PL/SQL- relational basics, procedures, functions
- Experience with release management and deployments using Source Control repository pipelines.
- Strong proficiency with Source Control tools such as Git and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as Azure DevOps.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and communicate complex technical analysis to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong technical skills derived from working with languages like Java, C# etc. with the ability to coordinate, manage, and ensure the success of application deployments.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with ability to organize work for others.
- Ability to think strategically and work well under pressure and on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.