Sr Salesforce Solutions Developer, Marketing Cloud - RemoteApply Now Job ID 26163601600 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-time
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
This position is a remote role, open anywhere throughout the United States
This role serves as a Senior level developer to design, development, coach, consult, and support Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities, Social Studio, and Pardot. The senior role expands upon the highly technical skillset to assist in consulting with IT management, provide integration assistance upstream and downstream involving Salesforce, consulting with business stakeholders and take on more challenging work items.
The Senior level developer will engage and support business stakeholders by designing, developing, and implementing new and innovative solutions, aligned with and meeting business needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage the development, testing and delivery of native Salesforce components, Visualforce, Apex, and Lightning components.
- Undertake development, testing and delivery of Salesforce Marketing Cloud customizations.
- Conduct code peer code reviews and provide guidance to team members to assist with code development practices and solutions
- In addition to working backlog items, take on challenging work items that may go beyond non-senior developer skillset and/or experience.
- Collaborate with Architects in solution design and produce documentation.
- Participate in new technology evaluations and provide feedback.
- Coach team members to provide more accurate estimations in sprint planning.
- Configure customized solutions using CRM toolset including custom objects and fields, views, applications, validation rules, workflows, scripting, web services, APIs, etc.
- Own all technical aspects of application development. Participate in Business and Requirements Analysis Phase as required, reviews requirements and translates business requirements into detailed technical specifications and perform the build activities to deliver a solution from the design stage to a functional application, assist with functional requirements, gap analysis and application architecture.
- Provide accurate estimates of development effort and cost to Manager – Salesforce Solutions so that good business decisions are made about proposed enhancements.
- Meet with peers and manager to review design and programming specifications. Works with data analysts, DBAs, and infrastructure team members to design high performance systems.
- Develop programs/processes using appropriate programming/scripting languages and performs program testing and debugging to bring programs to the level necessary for smooth operations.
- Work in a DevOps model to provide full application and platform development and support. Utilize iterative/Agile methodology.
- Serve as Tier 3 development support to correct production defects. Supports system and user acceptance testing activities including issue resolution to help complete tasks in a timely manner. Diagnose and solve technical problems related to CRM and Marketing systems implementations.
- Utilize industry best practices and standards for software engineering to create value and minimize risk.
- Assist with Salesforce Org reviews and provide solutions to issues identified around Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Communities, Marketing Cloud, and Pardot.
- Consult with third party technology providers in the design, development and integration of complex business applications when applicable.
- Review and/or develop conceptual solutions and provide recommendations based upon existing IT assets and architectures and in alignment with the strategic platform/roadmap.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Salesforce Platform Developer II certification
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer
- Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce software development life cycle with a backlog management system
- Code testing via static code analysis tool like SonarQube
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in software development life cycle, quality assurance, project management and other related processes.
- Salesforce developer change control practice
- Senior level knowledge of automation build, testing, and deployment methods & toolsets.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Overall 6-8 years’ Salesforce developer experience with 5-6 years working with Salesforce/Force (Apex, VisualForce.com APIs and Web Services)
- Working knowledge of SOQL, SQL, PL/SQL- relational basics, procedures, functions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven ability to design solid technical solutions that meet the business need.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Self-starter with curiosity and the ability to collaborate well with others.
- Ability to work well under pressure and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.