Sr. Salesforce Administrator and Release ManagementApply Now Job ID 10864142 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The Sr. Salesforce Administrator will work as part of the team dedicated to ensuring that we are maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of the system based on the various user group needs. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills who can interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer the systems accordingly. This person will serve as the "go to" for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more. Additionally, the Administrator will perform basic updates, such as add/delete users, and adding basic custom fields. A key function of this position is Salesforce Release Management, along with other release management responsibilities associated with American Cancer Society enterprise applications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Create and Manage Changes to the System -
• Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes, working in collaboration with the ACS Software Development teams.
• Manage system changes without interruption to the user.
• Gather requirements from end users.
• Modify the system to increase performance and usability.
• Manage the change control process for Salesforce.
• Manage all processes that impact/relate to Salesforce.com.
• Manage new releases of SFDC and efficiently roll out new features in collaboration with the ACS Software Development teams.
• Create and maintain fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other salesforce.com objects and functions, in collaboration with the ACS Software Development teams.
• Create custom objects when necessary.
• Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment as required.
• Provide support functions as needed.
Maintain System, Security and Integrity -
• Map salesforce.com hierarchy and territories in response to personnel changes.
• Reassign Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities in response to personnel changes.
• Grant/remove and maintain user licenses.
• Maintain security including sharing rules and security levels.
• Design, Create and maintain user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
• Monitor application storage usage and archive data as needed.
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction -
• Expand use of Salesforce.com – attend planning meetings, assist with determining if/how salesforce.com can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing a new internal system.
• Communicate regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system, working with the appropriate Communication group.
• Monitor usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
• Continually seek ways to further enhance the end‐user experience.
• Be a leader on the ACS Salesforce Administration team as a SME on Salesforce.com.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance-
• Document company processes and workflows, ensuring runbooks are properly maintained.
• Develop process documentation and field maps.
• Create new processes and associated reporting.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance -
• Assist with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.com.
• Monitor neglected Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, and Contacts as appropriate.
• Import data as appropriate.
• Monitor and manage exception logs for back end system integration with SFDC.
• Manage duplicate records.
• Monitor and improve data quality.
• Ensure data integrity by merging duplicate Leads, Contacts, and Accounts; performing mass uploads and updates of data as required; Removing unnecessary fields and data; ensuring screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance -
• Create and maintain dashboards.
• Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance.
Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Acts as primary point of contact for multiple applications.
• Works in the on-call rotation support pool with other Support Engineers.
• Works directly with users to resolve complex technical issues.
• Plays a role in the creation of new technical test and production environments and establishes appropriate standards and strategies for these environments.
• Assists in release planning. Works with the development team to ensure that any new release takes place with minimal impact.
• Uses a variety of tools and techniques to isolate, diagnose, and resolve application issues.
• Collects, summarizes, and clearly articulates information on software-related issues to the development teams.
• Manages application servers by monitoring the logs and statistics reports, updating the server software as appropriate.
• Ensures adequate backup and disaster recovery exists.
• Administers and monitors software integrations as required.
• Interacts with the ACS Help Desk, the Network Operations Center, Data Center engineers, and other staff to provide second and third level support for enterprise-wide ACS applications as well as other applications within the enterprise.
• Implements and puts into practice pro-active monitoring for better availability and performance.
• Document systems, processes, and procedures.
• Performs regular data security reviews.
• Performs application and system Disaster Recovery planning and exercises for Business Continuity.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the SDLC process
• Minimum 5 years experience supporting complete packaged software project implementations required
• Experience establishing and tuning environments required.
• Experience with SQL*Server or Oracle required.
• Proven experience managing multiple simultaneous projects
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
• 4+ years of Salesforce administration experience
• Salesforce.com Administrator certification is required
• TFS\ VSTS \ Azure Devops Experience
• In‐depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC and have successfully expanded on those capabilities through the use of custom code (Apex, s‐controls) and/or integration with external systems
• Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard salesforce.com reporting functionality
• Previous re‐engineering experience updating an existing Salesforce.com configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows and enhanced functions
• Experience with Salesforce sandbox to production deployments
• Detail oriented and self‐starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Team player with positive “Can‐do” attitude
• Great communication skills with enthusiastic personality
• Computer literate and proficient in standard office applications Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong problem-solving skills
SPECIAL MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very little physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Self-motivated and able to organize work for others.
• Able to work quickly with attention to detail including high-pressure situations.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
• Ability to travel when necessary.
• Ability to work flexible hours including occasional nights and weekends.
• Available 24x7 in support of urgent/emergency application releases
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.