Sr Information Systems Analyst/ProgrammerApply Now Job ID 12758626 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
Maintain, support, develop, and implement application solutions for the Extramural Research Department.
Responsibilities include systems analysis, design, computer programming, systems configurations, and report writing. Current systems requiring maintenance and enhancements are developed in the .NET framework or in the Salesforce Lightning Community Cloud platform using Apex code.
Requirements definition, analysis, design and development
• Facilitate requirements gathering with internal client teams, vendors, and department leadership
• Document design and create programming specs
• Design and implement enhancements and solutions while effectively leveraging existing systems structure and functionality.
Support, maintain and develop new features for department-critical software systems implemented in the .NET Framework
• Create and maintain the web-based software that makes up Application Tracking Program (ATPi), the custom mission-critical system used by the Extramural Research department which manages the research grant proposal review and awarding process, grants archive and serves as the system of record.
• Gather requirements from users for modifications and enhancements to existing Research information systems and perform the analysis, design, and programming/development required to implement the requirements.
• Follows approved development methodology for design and development processes to include prototypes, documentation, design, code development, and testing
• Create new tables and appropriate stored procedure and triggers required for handling data in these tables.
• Develop and maintain appropriate stored procedures for business handling of data and producing reports and letters.
• Develop reports, within the custom grant-handling software systems or standalone (as on the organization’s intranet), to provide analysis of the Research data collected by the system.
• Documents problems and fixes
Provide user support for Research-specific issues that have been passed forward from first level support in Corporate IT or requested directly from internal department members.
Develop ad hoc queries and reports to assist Research Department users with answers to questions, utilizing SQL reporting, and other tools.
Responsible for the exchange of data between systems
Define, develop and perform the process and technical actions necessary to export data from Research Grant Application Tracking Program (ATP) import/export processes for exchanging Research-based data with vendors or constituent systems to assist the Extramural Research department in tracking and engaging current and former grantees.
Support and develop new features for a Salesforce Community Cloud implementation, called TheoryLab.
• Design and implement enhancements to the TheoryLab website. Debug and repair any problems that may arise.
• Requires skills and experience with Salesforce Lightning Community Builder and ability to develop Apex code.
• Requires HTML developer skills and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field preferred. Equivalent experience and certifications acceptable.
Four years of applied experience required.
Demonstrates Extramural Research Competencies:
• Manages complexity, balances stakeholders, strategic mindset, ensures accountability, builds networks, builds effective teams, drives engagement and instill trust.
Microsoft .NET framework and programming in C# and VB.NET
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Ability to work well with a team
Ability to handle multiple projects, roles and responsibilities
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Ability to communicate technical concepts in a non-technical manner
Strong analytical skills
Salesforce Lightning platform and Apex development, desired
Familiarity with project management methods and techniques
Desire to keep skill set current in changing technology industry
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
Ability to communicate with users for requirements gathering, explaining system functionality, and providing support
Knowledge of biomedical peer review intricate business processes and needs
Knowledge of software development methodologies
Knowledge of object-oriented software design principles
Experience with Microsoft .NET framework and .NET programming languages
Experience with Microsoft ASP.NET and other web development technologies
Knowledge of relational database concepts
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 200x database programming
Experience with SourceGear Vault Pro version control and concepts
Experience with SSRS report writing software
Experience with Salesforce Lightning platform and Apex coding desired
Experience programming Microsoft Office object model is a plus
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.