Specialist, Social MediaApply Now Job ID 12568876 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The Social Media Specialist will be a key member of the social media team in all hands-on aspects of social media for The American Cancer Society. This detail-oriented job includes trafficking, scheduling and publishing all social media content for our organization and leading cross-departmental collaboration. This person plays a large role in developing and executing our community management practice and will be an integral role on our team.
• Schedule, post, manage all content on American Cancer Society social media platforms included but not limited to: ACS Masterbrand, Coaches vs. Cancer, Relay For Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
• Lead collaboration with cross functional teams to manage social media internal intake and trafficking process ensuring timley response and notifications to the right team members.
• Monitor social communities to address customer service issues, ascertain various levels of issues (urgent/non urgent) and be a key member of the response team direct to consumer in our brand voice and tone.
• Prioritize and route social media escalations to internal stakeholders and identify appropriate solutions and responses.
• Build, maintain and execute a social media content calendar
• Develop innovative solutions and creative new ideas for engaging social media campaigns that highlight our brand, continuously recommendting best in class ways to improve content.
• Assist in real-time engagement in partnership with the Community Manager.
• Assist in curating content across social media accounts, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
• Key role in analyzing and reporting social media content and campaigns and recommending/utilizing tracking systems to gather visitor data and determine efficacy and areas for social media campaign improvement
• Research target audiences and discover trends for content and campaigns. Present learnings to marketing department and senior leaders.
• Thought leadership by staying up to date with best practices and changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness. Continuously present learnings to cross functional team and marketing leadership.
• Tackling/assisting with various assignments, social media-based and beyond, according to the needs of the organization.
2-4+ years’ experience with social media focus.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Social Publishing tools (Social Studio, Hootsuite, etc)
Demonstrates Marketing Competencies:
• Manages ambiguity - Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
• Collaborates - Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Customer focus - Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Cultivates innovation - Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
• Plans and aligns - Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• Drives results - Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
• Builds effective teams - Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
• Drives vision and purpose - Paints a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.