Senior Vice President, Strategic & Direct MarketingApply Now Job ID 12840278 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The American Cancer Society (ACS) is seeking a Senior Vice President of Strategic Marketing to leverage his/her expansive leadership and integrated marketing expertise to help fight to end cancer.
Strategic Marketing is a key department within the ACS, consolidating and enhancing previously disparate functions across the organization and will report directly to the Chief Development, Marketing and Communications Officer. The leader of this large, multi-functional department is one of the most important and senior roles within the ACS, and will be responsible for driving significant investment and communication strategies that will deliver revenues larger than most divisions within the organization ($100MM).
In addition, the role will oversee Insights/Analytics, Strategy/Planning, Digital Marketing, Direct Response, Creative Development and Media Planning. This oversight should result in customer acquisition, engagement and retention efforts through the planning, development, management, and successful implementation of market facing activities and customer experiences.
The Marketing leadership role will collaborate directly with diverse sets of high-level internal stakeholders / senior leadership team members / Board members to formulate and drive integrated multi-channel marketing activities to deliver significant, defined business goals.
In addition, this role calls to lead the requirements development for Digital, Brand, telemarketing and business owners across the organization for revenue generation using direct channels and other event properties, partnership programs and campaigns.
In collaboration with its agency / provider partners, Marketing delivers deep channel specific expertise, innovative planning and development processes, and customer engagement strategies to create world class integrated customer experiences. With oversight over ten specialized practice areas, Marketing will facilitate delivery of a singular/synchronized brand voice and experience while delivering cost efficiencies generated through creativity and production.
The position is located at ACS headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
• Serves as a Marketing liaison across all departments and divisions within the organization
• Sets the direction for Marketing including requisite strategies, structures and processes that are in full alignment with the needs of internal and external customers
• Works with diverse internal and external stakeholders to identify and execute against Marketing needs with efficiency and excellence
• Provides leadership that continuously assures integrated execution across all activity and tactical lifecycles that cross all channels and are centered on the customer
• Ensures department measurement and performance standards and accountability are met across all capability areas
• Establishes and manage a long-term strategic roadmap for maturing all capabilities and practices by seeking out new and emerging marketing techniques, methods of working, and continuous training opportunities by benchmarking internally and with external resources and providers
• Provide department direction and establishment of effective training, work processes, and reporting tools for Marketing practices leaders and managers
• Collaborates with internal stakeholders through account service model to assure end to end Marketing initiative delivery / planning compliance
• Creates a creative and collaborative environment that delivers innovative and leading- edge solutions to meet business objectives
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sets and manages shared Marketing standards, processes and operating guidelines
• Integrates with and establishes business requirements for marketing operations for functional support, as required
• Leads in articulating and applying department vision and resources
• Provides leadership in driving a positive work culture
• Trains and mentors team members
Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in organizational management, marketing, advertising or other business and marketing related field. Master’s degree preferred
The right person for this role will be:
• a highly seasoned, results-oriented integrated marketer with a track record of management success in marshaling the efforts of a large / diverse team of senior practice leaders to deliver a significant and increasingly predictable Return on Investment;
• an industry expert in broad, channel agnostic planning and execution of modern marketing techniques and practices across the full spectrum of Marketing Communications including Planning, CRM, Telemarketing, Advertising, Digital, Social, Telemarketing, Direct, and Promotions efforts and leadership of related shared services of Creative / Production;
• a superb collaborator who will ensure alignment of all marketing functions to deliver a fully integrated marketing plan that will engage all targeted audiences with a powerful and consistent brand voice;
• a leader in leveraging the practice of database marketing to drive quantifiable business results and inform highly effective and highly targeted brand experiences;
• an energetic leader with a proven background and commitment for creating and leading a
new department within the ACS organization;
• a skilled marketer with an thirst for innovation who will help catalyze the marketing transformation of the leading heath related non-profit in the world;
• a thoughtful individual who shares the personal and professional passion to contribute to the organization leading efforts to prevent, care, cure and advocate against the societal scourge of cancer
Highly developed leadership and communication skills to engage with ACS executives, peer departments, provider partners and a large staff. Proven ability to lead, manage and assimilate large, complex organizational, political, and health issues into high quality, integrated communications strategies and tactics. Ability to create organizations capable of delivering strategies and tactics on time and on budget as reflected by measurable internal client satisfaction. Past experience and proven ability to successfully manage large staffs and multiple projects. Must be a highly motivated self-starter. High initiative and follow-through. Ability to think strategically and work in an extremely high-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously. Big-picture perspective. True team leader, and master collaborator.
15 plus years direct experience leading edge, highly integrated customer centric B2B, B2C and B2B2C marketing programs. Preferable C-Suite leader in Integrated Marketing. Extensive strategic thinking, project management, and client services skills are a must. Senior position in Agency and/or non-profit experience a plus.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• No or very limited physical effort required.
• No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
• Ability to travel on as-needed basis
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.