Salesforce Solution ArchitectApply Now Job ID 3657125904 Location Atlanta, Georgia; Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
The role of the Salesforce Solution Architect is to enable business leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization. Furthermore, the Salesforce Solution Architect provides technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices pertaining to CRM, data, development, release management, and integrations.
Reviews current technology architecture and seeks ways to leverage, improve and/or extend corporate technology investments. Ensures that cross-platform architectural components properly “fit” within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained.
May often lead an ad-hoc multi-discipline team of non-direct report technical staff in order to develop solutions and conduct proof of concept exercises. Will interact with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts to collect requirements, understand options, and determine solutions.
- Provide Salesforce solution architecture guidance to business partners and management in-order to effectively support the corporate business strategy. Presentation skills is a must.
- Develops documentation on recommended solutions that would include relevant research, design, cost analysis data, risk information, implementation strategies, and support. Documentation experience should also contain broad knowledge in documenting business processes and wireframing system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, and sequence diagrams
- Create and maintain up-to-date diagrams of Salesforce environment and the associated integration points, both manual and middleware.
- Collaborate and contribute on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple specialized architecture domains.
- Contribute on the Architecture Review Board and ensure solutions are compliant with target-state architecture models.
- Contributes as a higher-level escalation point for incidents. Leads a swat team to resolve Salesforce production issues and provides consultation as subject matter expert to support members. This includes potential off-hours assistance for incidents and/or deployments.
- Aligns architecture strategy with business goals.
- Defines, explains, and advocates technology strategy. Influential member on roadmap construction.
- Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements as needed for the organization.
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solutions.
- Leads teams in developing technology plans.
- Provides strategic consultation to business and IT leaders.
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities.
- Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
- Drives the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry, and market trends to make recommended advancement opportunities to further strengthen the position of ACS.
- Ensures recommendations are based on business relevance, appropriate timing, and deployment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 8+ years direct experience architecting, solution design consulting, testing, and implementing, Salesforce.
- Salesforce Architect Certification
- Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Community, and Marketing Clouds, as well as the Force.com Platform
- Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes.
- Experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems, basic understanding of programming logic and constructs, specifically in Salesforce, and their use in software development
- Hands on experience with Salesforce configuration, data loader, including workflows, validation rules, Process Builder, and security controls
- Experience with Release Management, Source Control (Git), and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT and SFDC Metadata API
- Experience interacting with Azure DevOps for backlog management, and infrastructure engineering, architecture documentation
- Must have a proven track record in leading IT and business teams through consultative solutions development.
Demonstrates Information Technology Competencies: Business insight, Decision quality, Action oriented, Optimizes work processes, Ensures accountability, Collaborates, Communicates effectively, Instills trust
- Knowledge of common Solution Architecture standards and practices.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Technical Architecture standards involving release management.
- Knowledge of systems technology developments and trends.
- Broad knowledge in recognizing revenue into ERP systems.
- Experience designing Boomi integrations is a plus.
- Experience designing Salesforce solutions with Informatica MDM technologies.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements.
- Understanding of business strategy formulation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead ad-hoc teams consisting of a variety of IT and business contributors.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.