Marketing Strategy & Planning Fall Unpaid InternApply Now Job ID 10864143 Location Atlanta, Georgia Position Type Intern
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern to join the American Cancer Society marketing strategy & planning team. As an integrated marketing intern, you will collaborate with our team in all stages of marketing campaigns - from discovery with key stakeholders and plan development through multi-channel execution with creative, digital, paid media and field marketing teams. Your insightful contributions and attention to detail will help us achieve our business goals and support the ACS mission to save lives, celebrate lives and lead the fight for a world without cancer. This internship will help you acquire real world marketing skills and provide a knowledge of various marketing strategies across multiple channels.
• Gain understanding of the process to create and implement integrated marketing plans/campaigns
• Gain understanding of the relationship between various marketing channels in creating holistic campaign/project plans
• Gain understanding of how to build marketing campaign from strategic conception through market execution
• Gain understanding of the non-profit industry and communications nuances within this space
• Manage marketing projects from start to finish
• Contribute to strategic ideation and insight gathering to inform marketing plans and project briefs
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
• Perform market analysis and research on competition
• Prepare and present marketing promotions to regional/field colleagues
• Assist in development and management of strategy & planning team trackers
• Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
• Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and take initiative
• Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
• Comfortable with internet research
• Current enrollment in a related BS or Master’s degree
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite
• Project management skills
All Interns Must meet the following requirements:
•Full-time student, If you are an undergraduate student you have completed your freshman year of college;
•Have a minimum of a B average (cumulative 3.0 on 4.0 scale);
•Plan to continue their education in the following term/semester
oNote: an internship assignment may coincide with the student’s last term/trimester, but student must disengage upon graduation.
The following information must be submitted upon application:
•Two references from academic/professional sources addressing the student’s credentials based on the internship’s skill requirements
•Recent transcript attesting to their GPA and standing as a full-time student
•Unpaid interns must also provide documentation of the participation in a bona-fide college intern program under which their ACS internship either qualifies them to receive course credit OR fulfills a graduation/coursework requirement.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.