Managing Director, Public RelationsApply Now Job ID 5025729
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
The individual who holds this position plays a key role to advance the Society’s mission, goals and objectives by raising awareness and understanding of how the Society makes an impact in the fight against cancer. He/she serves as a strategic communications adviser to Society staff and volunteers. This individual leads a group of Director-led teams of professionals to develop and execute communications strategies and tactics on projects that have the highest level importance for the Society. He/she provides the full range of strategic counsel, including conceptualizing strategies, leading teams to develop action plans, overseeing integrated planning, removing barriers and enabling execution to bring those strategies to fruition.
PRIMARY POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provides senior level counsel and oversight to enterprise business units on all major communications strategic planning initiatives.
• Provides day-to-day management of the team responsible for the development of all big-picture integrated communications/PR planning, content, and resource materials.
• Serves as a strategic business partner to business units and leads the process of influencing key stakeholder audiences in support of the business goals of the Society.
• Translates market research and analytics into simple, compelling, consumer friendly messages for American Cancer Society leaders and key stakeholders.
• Creates public relations strategy, concept to execution, which enables the Society to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships and partnerships with targeted external audiences, stakeholder organizations and key influencers.
• Maintains expertise in public relations trends and best practices to ensure strategies for the American Cancer Society are compelling and reach the desired audiences.
• Develops relationships with key industry leaders and influencers in med/sci, fundraising, healthcare, nonprofit, technology, consumer products, corporate social responsibility, and other industries important to the Society, to advance the overall work of the American Cancer Society.
• Collaborates with corporate communications Global Headquarters and regional senior leadership and staff to identify internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and defines and executes appropriate strategies to support them.
• Collaborates with all horizontal and vertical business partners to develop, coordinate and deploy communication strategy, tactics, technical assistance and resource materials to assist in the promotion, communication and positioning of the Society at every level of the organization.
• Sets and achieves communications/public relations operational goals/objectives and ensures that evaluation systems are in place to monitor performance and report progress to enterprise leadership.
• Supervises, coaches, mentors, sets goals and evaluates public relations staff and is responsible for their successful performance.
• Facilitates and encourages tight integration of all communication disciplines to ensure seamless cross-functional coordination and maximize the client experience.
• Provide supervision and direction to agency partners and vendors and manages budget for services.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS TEAM MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Communications Counsel – Serves as one of the lead nationwide communications strategists and advisors for the American Cancer Society.
• Communications Strategy and Execution – Conceptualizes, develops and leads the execution of communications strategies and plans based on the enterprise-wide communications scope of work and consistent with other enterprise business and communications plans. Ensures the highest levels of effectiveness, efficiency and customer service.
• Management – Leads and manages a group of and/or Director-led teams of communications professionals in ways that ensure accountability and achieve measurable results.
• Spokesperson – Represents the Society and Corporate Communications internally and externally.
• ACS Knowledge – Serves as a key source for Society information and news.
• Additional Responsibilities – Additional responsibilities include representing communications on interdisciplinary teams and with vendors, external partners, etc.; tracking progress and evaluating and reporting results; participating in Society events and activities; and handling other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field. At least 10 years of experience in a communications-related field, including several years in a management/supervisory capacity. Additional formal knowledge and experience that would position this individual as a strategic communications leader for the Society are highly desirable. Such knowledge and experience may include experience in public health, health care or nonprofits; advanced degree; professional affiliations or other experience or training. Experience that contributes to the overall diversity of perspectives within Corporate Communications and the Society is highly desirable.
Demonstrates functional and leadership competencies and adheres to the communication profession code of ethics.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Limited physical activity required.
• Some travel may be required on as-needed basis.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.