Senior Development Manager - AlaskaApply Now Job ID 43348785936 Location Anchorage, Alaska Position Type Full-time
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. We actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds including communities of color, the LGBTQ community, veterans, and people with disabilities. The greater the diversity of our people, the better we can serve our communities.
- Manages volunteer and customer retention, recognition, and pipeline development, with a focus on high impact relationships and key volunteer leadership roles.
- This position is responsible for the Anchorage Wine & Food Festival gala and the Associate Board of Ambassadors (young professionals' group) and its activities.
- This position will manage multiple volunteer committees across these initiatives and will be responsible for a gross revenue target exceeding $500,000 annually.
- Accountable for the achievement of a revenue target greater than $350,000 for a portfolio of priority relationships, account management, fundraising activities and events.
- Leads the development of relationships and engagement of target partners, organizations, corporations, and individuals.
- Actively collaborates with all development team members, Marketing, Cancer Control, and ACS CAN staff to maximize success; leverages opportunities to expand engagement of constituents through the collaborative account planning.
- Engages, recruits, stewards, trains and manages relationships with volunteers and customers to successfully execute fundraising plans and achieve revenue goals.
- Effectively and efficiently completes activities and meets target deadlines in order to execute successful events or fundraising activities.
- Implements best practices for revenue growth, adjusting to customer experience survey results and feedback; drives and encourages creativity and innovation resulting in new revenue opportunities.
- Monitors financial expenditures and progress to budget and takes appropriate measures to meet top and bottom-line goals ensuring a high return on investment.
- Engages the community to create relevant, best in class experiences for priority constituents including participants, teams, sponsors, cancer survivors and caregivers; ensures event and activity details are expertly executed.
- Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, data management, and financial controls.
- Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work successfully in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate community-based volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines; strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proven relationship building, persuasion and influence skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, with extensive experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues.
- Ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events.
- Outcome driven; strong project management ability.
- Able to work through others to accomplish goals.
- Strong market, community and constituent perspective.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Broad knowledge of the overall structure, programs, and services of the American Cancer Society including policies and procedures.
- Proficient in computer-based information systems.
Must have access to car or be able to transport materials to and from meetings and special events/programs. Must be able to staff evening and weekend meetings, events and programs. Must be able to lift 30 lbs and perform set up/take down of event equipment.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.
Sign up for job alerts
Stay up-to-date about the latest career opportunities at American Cancer Society!