Cancer Resource SpecialistApply Now Job ID 11183773 Location Las Vegas, Nevada Position Type Full-Time
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
Remote - Work from home position
• The position pays $18.00/hr. (For suburbs outside of Las Vegas, there may be 5% differential)
• You will receive a $45 monthly stipend for internet.
• Must live in Las Vegas or Greater Las Vegas Market.
• Full-Time, Shift will fall during 6:00am-10:00pm PST, Sunday - Saturday.
• Shifts are 7.5 hours paid, Sunday - Saturday with an unpaid 30 or 60 minute lunch/dinner.
• Weekly schedule will be consistent; may submit a change request after six months.
• Paid mandatory training is 8-10 weeks, Monday - Friday 6:30am - 3:00pm PST
Our WORK FROM HOME positions fill quickly, APPLY TODAY!
The Cancer Resource Specialist is responsible for handling a high volume of inbound calls from constituents of the American Cancer Society. The CRS responds to a broad range of inquiries that may include cancer prevention and early detection information, requests for community resources, material orders and a variety of other topics related to the American Cancer Society’s work.
This position is critical to providing support and promotion of the ACS mission, goals and objectives.
• Handles high volume customer inbound calls, to the National Cancer Information Center in a consistent and customer focused manner
• Identifies and evaluates constituent's needs and provides accurate and thorough information exchange
• Provides current information and resources to constituents of the American Cancer Society, health care professionals, students and members of community organizations
• Strives for first call resolution
• Triages appropriate requests for patient service programs
• Fulfills material orders
• Collects all data points required by organizational processes and policies
• Works to attain operational metrics while ensuring high quality call taking
• Updates constituent records
• Maintains professional approach and demeanor with constituents at all times
• Takes ownership of constituent inquiries ensuring total constituent satisfaction
• Maintains current knowledge of work related processes and policies
• Handles all interactions with tact, courtesy, and empathy
• Maintains a strong team environment and utilizes coaching and feedback to improve performance
• Strives to effectively and efficiently support the mission through good stewardship, quality communication and dedication to policies that promote targeted service levels
• Abides by ACS policies, procedures, and security requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Contact center and/or customer service experience desirable
Demonstrates NCIC Mission Delivery Competencies:
• Being resilient
• Communicates effectively
• Customer focus
• Decision quality
• Ensures accountability
• Interpersonal savvy
• Strong verbal communication and listening skills required
• Demonstrated written communication skills required
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Bilingual skills (Spanish/English) desirable
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter with initiative and follow-through, with the ability to work in an extremely fast paced team environment with attention to detail
• Exposure to cancer information, medical terminology, social services, and non-profit health organizations preferred
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and tools
• Basic familiarity with utilization of Microsoft Office Products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Comfortable making independent decisions, but willing to seek supervisory input when needed
• Demonstrates core values of compassion, respect, empowerment, stewardship, and trustworthiness
Work From Home Requirements:
• A space free of distractions with stable internet connectivity.
• Internet connection with a speed of at least 10 MBPS download & 2 MBPS upload.
• Modem/Router with a minimum of 2 ethernet ports, and accessible for direct plug in to your Desktop and Phone. Wi-fi connectivity is not permitted.
• Dedicated office space must be large enough to fit 2 monitors. Monitors are 22-inch wide screen monitors.
• Must pass a typing proficiency test of 50 WPM
• Must satisfactorily pass a technology assessment
• Must be able to provide proof of homeowners/renters insurance
The American Cancer Society will provide some of the technical hardware equipment for you to perform in your role including desktop computer, two 22 inch monitors, phone, headset, keyboard & mouse, webcam, surge protector, adapters and connectors, and miscellaneous supplies.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
• No or very limited physical effort required
• Available to work evenings, late nights, weekends, holidays or travel when required
Staff have a unique opportunity to save lives through direct mission impact while fulfilling personal and career objectives. The American Cancer Society values accountability and high performance and rewards those teams and team members who continually improve their capability and contribution. The American Cancer Society is also dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce to help achieve our mission.
Save Lives. Fulfill Yours.
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
See our commitment to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity to continually ensure equal opportunity to our employees and to our applicants.